Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would tap the brainpower of this forum with two questions for the price of one.

First, I recently purchased "high volume" helmet speakers of off ebay to listen to my mp3 tunes. This is something, I admit, that I swore I would never do. If I want to hear music take the cage, right? Anyhow, at any speed over 40 mph it is pretty useless. Can someone recommend a high volume headset or an amp for my current setup that won't break the budget.

Second, I also recently purchased (this is becoming a bad habit) a set of hard bags and they came with brushed aluminum mounting brackets. I would like to polish them to an almost chrome looking finish. Any recommendations on the best aluminum polish and polishing technique?

thanks

·
Registered
949 Posts
The aluminum is is brushed, and you want a smooth , reflective finish?

You might save time and aggravation by getting some unfinished Aluminum from Home Depot and making the brackets yourself to then polish up.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
As to your "volume question", might want to look here:
www.boostaroo.com

This is an "amp" unit for those that need more volume. Good price (?) and maybe what you need.

As to making "shiney aluminum"..........work, lots of work.
Simichrome paste polish, a stiff and soft polishing wheel and a variable speed drill and lots of work. Did I say lots of work????? :wink: :lol:

Bullzeyet

·
Registered
949 Posts
bullzeyet said:
www.boostaroo.com

This is an "amp" unit for those that need more volume. Good price (?) and maybe what you need.

Simichrome paste polish, a stiff and soft polishing wheel and a variable speed drill and lots of work. Did I say lots of work????? :wink: :lol:

Bullzeyet
Let me reiterate and expand on that statement^

Way too much friggin work to make brushed=shiny. Ever consider a chrome powdercoating?

·
Registered
949 Posts
I got a 5 foot piece of aluminum angle bracket to make mounts for as of yet un-purchased driving lights for 4 or 5 dollars.

should be easy to make purty...but I am painting them black, so what do I care.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i don't listen to music when i ride, but i use earbud headphones when i go to the gym that block-out all external noise. the ear buds fit inside the ear much like ear plugs. i know a few riders who love this type of earphones when they ride.

·
Registered
‘00 Valkyrie Interstate, ‘01 Spirit 1100, 99 VLX
1,341 Posts
So are you guys saying it's lots of work?

Just wanna be clear...

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

CB

·
Registered
162 Posts
bullzeyet said:
www.boostaroo.com

Bullzeyet

That is a cool little unit...
I too recently bought these hemet speakers, and in the kitchen with with my helmet on, I can pretty well tell they are not going to be loud enough.... I may have to try one of these out....
Great Link Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts