Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2009 Shadow Spirit 750
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. Just got the new seat for the shadow. And I can't get the bolt holes to line up for the main ones to the frame.
Now on the OEM seat those brackets articulate a little bit. But the ones on the mustang seat are fixed in place.
Is there a trick to it or am I screwed?

· Registered
2009 Shadow Spirit 750
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The brackets for the seat are about half inch too high above and slightly behind. That's how the OEM one is too but the brackets move a little to adjust it. This one there's no adjustment available.
I checked to make sure the tank was all the way forward. It was.. the mounting brackets are just off on this one. Sucks

· Registered
2009 Shadow Spirit 750
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update y'all....
By the Grace of God He gave me the wisdom to see what I had to do.
The yoke on my saddle bags was in the way just enough to not let me get it secured.
I pulled the yoke back and boom. Then just tucked it back under best I could. Will have to find another passenger backrest as the pillion is too big for it to fit. Don't think my wife will complain there 😂 when she sees how comfy it is compared to the stock seat.

· Registered
2009 Shadow Spirit 750
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I haven't ridden on one either...but have heard for years of them basically being direct competition with the Mustang brand. The first time I sat on it with it installed... I was like, man I should've done this ages ago. Super comfortable compared to the stock one. And my wife is going to flip (in a good way) when she sees her new pillion part of the seat. (She's out of state visiting family this week so she hasn't seen it yet)

· Registered
2009 Shadow Spirit 750
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You had best send her a picture of it ;)
UNLESS it`sa SURPRIZE,
Dennis
Well kinda yes kinda no... she knew I was getting it...but I don't think she realises how much more real-estate she's gonna have to sit on and so much thicker than than the stock one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts