Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ended up ordering the Mustang Wide Regal and it came today.I put it on tonight and had a little trouble getting the rear nut on.I had to really lean on it to get the bracket down over the stud. When I set the seat on the bike I had a good quarter inch before the bracket even touched the stud and it took quite abit more pressure to get the nut started.
Just wondered if this is the norm for this seat or if something is out of wack. :roll:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
As long as you have the front tab correctly seated under the tank, seems like I have to try it once or twice sometimes.

But yes, what you describe is similar to what I experienced. It will settle in and fit properly eventually, almost as though the seat pan molds a little better to the bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yea...all 3 Mustangs seats I have had ( new ) I had to bend the tab down just slightly before I put it on the bike in order to get it close enough to get it on the stud.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mustang makes a great seat. I purchased a wide one with a driver back rest as I have a bad back. Big difference. I can ride comfortably for hours now. However, I also remember having to push down to get the nut started. You're going to love the seat, it's definately worth what seems a small fortune.

Bocco

·
Registered
80 Posts
Me too, on the seat not fitting the rear bolt good, but it did go. Just tight. I'll have to say though that the backrest makes it worse for me. It pushes me too far forward. I tried adjusting it and not better. I actually am more comfortable without the backrest. May be due to my long legs though.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
waydawg said:
I'll have to say though that the backrest makes it worse for me. It pushes me too far forward. I tried adjusting it and not better. I actually am more comfortable without the backrest. May be due to my long legs though.
Me too, I rarely use my backrest, I will fold it up and put it in a saddlebag occasionally, thinking I will use it later in the day, but I never do.

I do like a day back strapped to the sissy bar, and sitting on the pillion that is hugely comfortable - if the handle bars would pull back on demand it would be like riding in an easy chair. :wink:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
CrissCross said:
WEll i just ordered my mustang seat the other day. And from what I hear they are the king of motorcycle seats. So I hope that my long rides will get more comportable now on my vlx. Thanks for the heads up :)
Another item to keep in mind is that the first time you test sit (actually the first 100-300 miles) you will think you wasted a lot of money on a seat.....
They are very firm seats, but they work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies,I was worried that maybe I ended up with a defective seat or something.
Now if I could just order up some warmer weather,5 degrees this morning . :evil:

·
Registered
23 Posts
mustang seat help

I installed the wide mustang seat and the instructions said you do not utilize the rear stud at least on my '03 Spirit. Just make sure the tab at the tank area is in correct and install the side studs. Mine works great, 300 mile trips a breeze.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: mustang seat help

corteshunt said:
I installed the wide mustang seat and the instructions said you do not utilize the rear stud at least on my '03 Spirit. Just make sure the tab at the tank area is in correct and install the side studs. Mine works great, 300 mile trips a breeze.
Mine does not have side stud! But it is a great seat; I can ride all day with any probs.
Peace,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts