Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to put a Mustang Regal Touring Seat on my 99 1100 Spirit. I'm wondering how much improved comfort will my wife get over the stock passengers seat that is on the bike right now? Will it be worth the $450 bucks i'm going to have to shell out for the seat? Any input is really appreciated.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well, here goes.

If ya want the Wide Touring with backrest, then I definitly say "Yes, its worth all $552.00 dollars that it costs" Now, the Regal? IDK. If it's like my old seat (posted in for sale section currently) I didn't like mine, BUT it did have about 41k miles of wear in it when i got the bike, so probably not good comparison.

The Reverend will chime in here soon......

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't know about the Regal, but I put a Wide Touring on my Spirit and the difference is phenominal!

The switch to a Mustang was worth every penny to me. Much more comfortable right from the start and the more I ride, the better the seat seems to feel.

The Right Reverend will be along shortly to preach upon the virtues of the Mustang. Be sure to give him an "AMEN!" and "HALLELUJAH!"

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I meant the wide touring seat. Not sure why I put Regal in there...I didn't look up their website prior to posting the seat name....my bad..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just posted a few days ago about the one I bought two weeks ago. I can't wait for warmer weather to really try it out. I would say the biggest difference is the passenger seat. Its much wider and softer than stock. I can't say it's worth the cost cause everything is pricey that says motorcycle or marine.
In short, I love it so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that info. It was hard to tell how much of an improvement that the passengers seat is over the stock seat from pictures. I'm really buying the seat so that my wife can last more the 30 miles at a stretch. And the cost is worth it if it's an improvement over the current rock hard seat.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
eaterofsmoke...

Do you want happy-ass? Do you want your wife to be a happy passenger and have happy-ass? More importantly, DO YOU, My New Disciple, WANT to continue to get some a$$ from your WIFE?!?

Then, My Son, I beseech thee to purchase a Mustang Wide Touring seat! Oh, the many, MANY happy hours that you and your lovely bride will enjoy in that saddle without incurring the dreaded monkey-butt (or many other un-Godly rashes or soreness thus associated)...

I say, Brothers and Sisters! Rejoice! Bring the new disciple into the fold of The Mustang Holy Seat Alliance!!!

Can I get a AMEN?!?
Can I get a HALLELUJAH?!?

GOOD GOD, YA'LL!!!

I am THE RIGHT REVEREND MARKSPIKE OF THE MUSTANG HOLY SEAT ALLIANCE!!!

Honda Shadow 1100 Spirit Mustang Seat 75018 - eBay (item 300516584523 end time Feb-17-11 11:52:15 PST)

Jump back - kiss m'self!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I bow my head in shame for I won't have happy a$$ this summer, I sacrificed my Happy a$$ to buy a second bike for the little woman, HOWEVER it HAS a mustang seat on it so SHE will have Happy a$$ which means umm well :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D I think you know hehe, Just hope my butt isn't too sore to for those festivities to occur :shock:

Dauntae

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'll give you an AMEN on the Mustang. My wife's a$$ is much happier with the Mustang, thus it also makes my a$$ happy and so does riding on the Mustang. You may also want to add a sissy bar. I added one and that made my wife even happier. With stock seat and no sissy bar, she felt like she was going to slide off during take offs.

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
Hallelujah!
I have bought from GM-Cycles many times and can attest that they are indeed...HEAVENLY!!! (free shipping) quote]

GM Cycles are great! Also if you really want her to be happy, get the wide tour backrest pad! Mounts on stock Spirit factory bar and increases in height as does the seat. (1" appx.) REVEREND!

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Hallelujah!

I have bought from GM-Cycles many times and can attest that they are indeed...HEAVENLY!!! (free shipping) quote]

GM Cycles are great! Also if you really want her to be happy, get the wide tour backrest pad! Mounts on stock Spirit factory bar and increases in height as does the seat. (1" appx.) REVEREND!
Indeed, My Brother, as these pics of the Reverend's bikes (past and present) will attest!

Hallelujah!!!!

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
I plan on upgrading the seat. How come I don't hear any love for the West Eagle seats? I'd like the the West Eagle Double Seat. West Eagle Double Seat | ZZ86855 | J&P Cycles
My common complaint on the stock seat is no good after an 45 minutes of riding.
The Right Reverend Markspike of the West Eagle Double Seat Alliance would be...well, it would be just plain silly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts