Honda Shadow Forums banner

Mustang Seat vs. Corbin Seats

9K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  cedric 
#1 ·
Hi,
I own a 2003 750 ACE which I want to replace the stock seat with a good all around seat that is both affordable and comfortable (my wife is tired of seating on a padded 2x6). So which one do I go with... Mustang or Corbin :?: Thanks in advance for your comments :).

GPOOH

#2 ·
Sorry I can't tell you witch is better. I just ordered a mustang seat for my Aero. It should be here tuesday or wensday. Checked all over and the best price I could fine is at west end motorsports in Pa. Check out their site.
http://www.westendmotorsports.com/index.php?cPath=1648_1650_1690

Hope this helps a little

Dennis

#3 ·
Take this with a grain of salt since I've never sat on either, but in general people say for passenger Mustang > Corbin. A lot of people say the Corbin pillon is very stiff.

Also heard that the Mustang pushes you forward an inch or two, so keep that in mind if you have a longer inseam...

#4 ·
You can't go wrong with either. I have a Corbin Dual Tour that I bought used from a forum member who moved up to a VTX. I ride solo about 80% of the time, but when my wife rides with me, she is comfortable all day. I know several members who have the Mustang and are very happy with them. Corbin uses a natural leather while Mustang uses a synthetic. Your back and backside will thank you no matter which you choose. Ebay can save you a hundred bucks or so over new.

#5 ·
I have had both but I am now using a Mustang seat on my shadow. The Corbin seats are nice but are hard, where as the Mustang seats have more of a cushion. Which ever seat you decide on I recommend getting the riders backrest. I am not sure about corbin's seat if it will work with your sissy bar if you have one. Something to check out on corbins website.

#6 ·
I ditto what "sbartos" said, I use the Corbin DT and ride solo 95 +% of the time, as mentioned they are not a soft seat but will form to your butt after some miles, all Corbins have the leather in the seat pads, I also use a Sheepskin Butt Pad from Alaska Leathers and this works great, keeps the sweat down in hot weather and keeps the butt warm when it's cold, so if you do a lot of two up riding then you have to keep the passenger in mind, when I ride two up I have to take my rider back rest out to give the wife more room and this works fine as she becomes my back rest... :lol:

#9 ·
Corbin

Went with the corbin gunfighter. I like the way it feel, little firm but no back pain yet. I say yet because I have not had the opportunitity to ride for more than an hour or so at a time. The weather has been teasing, but no steady diet of warmth.

JP

#13 ·
cedric what did u pay for your seat.
i bought one a month ago and love it.
i paid $349 for mine brand newon ebay.
at my local bike shop they wanted $600.00 canadian.
so i saved $200.

#14 ·
I also had a Corbin Dual Tourer on my Aero 1100 and absolutely loved it. One person's 'firm' is another's 'supportive'. That DT turned my Aero from a 30-minute "Oh my achin' back' stock-seat ride to one I could ride for at least an hour and a half between mini breaks.

#19 ·
oliver99 said:
cedric what did u pay for your seat.
i bought one a month ago and love it.
i paid $349 for mine brand newon ebay.
at my local bike shop they wanted $600.00 canadian.
so i saved $200.
Oliver I paid $404. for mine. I ordered it on friday evening at 4:45 it was shipped yet that day. I was delivered tuesday afternoon at 1:00 Very good service from this company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.