Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a Mustang Wide Vintage Tour seat in the near future. I already have a Protac backrest as can be seen in my sig pic. I was hoping that I could continue to use this backrest with the Mustang seat since the Mustang seat with driver's backrest is so much more expensive. Has anyone else ever tried this? Is the Mustang pillion too tall for the Protac backrest to work?

Thanks for any insight,

Scott

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have that exact set up and have no problems really. The protac arms do press in the corners of the pillion pad on top some due to the height of the pillion pad, but Harold at protac asked what seat I had ( along with a pic) and my height and at the time I had the Mustang Fastback which has very little passenger seat padding. I know the arms of the protac would have been a bit longer if I had wide vintage to begin with. Harold will fix you up! :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
oops....i see you already have the protac. you should have no issues with the wide vintage. if you clear the stock seat no problem, then you're fine.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
southernspirit said:
oops....i see you already have the protac. you should have no issues with the wide vintage. if you clear the stock seat no problem, then you're fine.
Good to know! Thanks for the info. I'm glad to know that I don't have to spend the extra cash to get the Mustang backrest.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I did pony up the extra bucks for the backrest and man what a waste. The backrest robs the seat of its comfort for me anyways. I had a protac on my 93 vt1100 with stock seat and loved it. I could ride many miles with that setup! If I would have known that the 'stangs backrest robbed the comfort, I wouldve definatly gotten the one without and went with another protac. I think the backrest on the mustang just pushes me too far forward. I adjusted and turned the bracket backward to get it to sit back a bit, but no help. Ive got long legs and when I take the backrest off, it moves me back and down and makes a world of diffrence. But thats just me and my particular inseam I guess. I know for others Its the lifesaver!
Protac definate thumbs up in my book and I may end up getting another one.

·
Registered
943 Posts
was gonna ask, is the drivers back rest worth the dough ?????

and I was thinking of the touring seat also, can I keep the spirit 1100 factory back rest

1 - 6 of 6 Posts