Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many ppl have swapped the stock seat for aftermarket such as Mustang seat? I have an 05 Sabre and the stock seat appears to have been altered, when I look at the underside. I don’t know if the PO just added more padding or exactly what. I’ve noticed that when my wife is riding with me, she is constantly trying to scoot back. It’s not because I stop aggressively or anything like that 🤣. It’s a one piece seat for driver and passenger and my former bike, an 06 Shadow Aero, didn’t seem to have this problem. That bike had a two piece design. Basically, just wondered what others think about upgrading to address this issue.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
When I purchased my Sabre the previous owner had added a Mustang seat. The Mustang seemed to move the seat height up a bit but makes the ride that much more comfortable with the additional padding. If you need a new seat I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve gotten plenty of positive comments from my riding buddies for the Mustang and also Corbin seats. I’m okay with the stock seat, but what I’m wondering does anyone know if the rider in the back is happy. I wonder if the angle on the stock seat is just slightly sloped towards the driver.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have the Mustang touring seat and the back is much nicer. My wife likes it much better too although she still prefers the Wing. The stock seat was really bad for my back. I can ride with the Mustang for hours.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
On my Aero I bought a Mustang seat for it and the difference was night and day from the stock seat. My VTX came with the Mustang and a drivers backrest, I didn’t think it could get better, but it did.

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.

·
Registered
46 Posts
but what I’m wondering does anyone know if the rider in the back is happy. I wonder if the angle on the stock seat is just slightly sloped towards the driver.
Don't know about the angle but I can tell you about my pillion's experience. I've had Mustang, Corbin, and Ultimate. Pillion loved the Ultimate, liked the Mustang, refused to ride again on Corbin. She is 5'4" 135lbs. She rode 12 hours with me on the VTX with Ultimate seat. I sold the Mustang and Corbin. For me, the Mustang was better and the Ultimate came in 2nd. Happy pillion took priority! I could ride all day on either one. Corbin was both of our last choice. It still beats stock.
RDL has a great reputation and I'd give them a try if i was still searching.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like the votes are in and the Mustang wins! Now If I can just find a good deal on one, new or used. For used seats, I need to find a cross reference to see what year bikes would be the same fitment as mine. I looked at some pictures online and at least some of the seats that are 2 piece look like they would work better for her.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't know about the angle but I can tell you about my pillion's experience. I've had Mustang, Corbin, and Ultimate. Pillion loved the Ultimate, liked the Mustang, refused to ride again on Corbin. She is 5'4" 135lbs. She rode 12 hours with me on the VTX with Ultimate seat. I sold the Mustang and Corbin. For me, the Mustang was better and the Ultimate came in 2nd. Happy pillion took priority! I could ride all day on either one. Corbin was both of our last choice. It still beats stock.
RDL has a great reputation and I'd give them a try if i was still searching.
RDL? I’m not familiar with that brand and nothing came up on EBay. Can you shed some light on them?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Doing a little searching, I was able to come up with a pretty good deal on a used Mustang seat. A bonus is that the driver seat has a backrest, which I really wasn’t looking for. The pictures were not detailed enough to see if there is actually some wear and tear that I would care about, but it looked good enough for the price to take a chance. I’ll see when it arrives from the shipper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts