Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted Today, 09:13 PM

The first picture is when I customized the long pipes to shotgun pipes...

Next I put a Harley Softtail Heritage Front fender... Really easy it just fit perfect "NO MODIFICATON TO THE FENDER"
I also in the process of putting the Harley Matching rear fender on , but the rear fender need to be modified. The harley rear tire on a softtail has a 130 tire,
the Shadow has a 150 tire, so I had to split the rear fender of the softtail to widen it to fit the shadow. When its finished i will post pictures.

Next I changed the stock bar to 14inch apes...much better ride!!!
Even My wife likes the ride Better!!! " Picture Below"

When Finished this will Be a OL School Bagger....Big Ideas, Big Plans Makes Big Ride!!!!

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
I LOVE It!!!!

We have a member of ABATE of GA who added Harley parts to his Shadow, including a fairing, fenders and others...

His came out good, as yours will...

Merry Christmas,
Ann & Dennis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Captain D...If you could get pictures of his bike...I would really like to see it...I have been looking on the internet for shadow that have done this...but I can't find it!!!... I have a idea in my head, but it would be great to see someone bike that has it done already...

·
Registered
428 Posts
The front fender looks sharp duder! Keep updating.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Greetings,
Can you post a closer picture of where the front fender mounts up? I been thinking of using the same Harley fender as well, because my original fender is cracked. Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
I`LL see IF I have any pics of this guys Bike, I`ve only got 3,000 run/rally pics in the various folders :D
I think there is at least one shot of it, as it is unique in itself...
;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take pictures of it tomorrow...I have to say it just fit perfect on my 2002 Ace Shadow without any modifying

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Are you making a ""Hardly" outta your Honda???
OR a "Honda-Davidson"???
Don`t flame me, I`ve read these names elsewhere ~ Way Back in the day while reading Street Chopper and Easy Rider Magazines....

:D

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>

I looked, and cannot find the pics I wanna find...
I`ll ask the wife IF I`m missing some someplace other than where I been lookin` :(

They may have got lost when the old computer died???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Captain I'm not focusing on changing the Honda to be a Harley, I just want My ride unique, classic and a head snapper. But if it's called a Honda Davidson, then that's ok with me. All I know when I'm finished, my bike will not look stock or like the other guy riding down the rode... This is not a flame , just my opinion!!! The sled is the extension of the riders attitude and my attitude is CLASSICALLY UNIQUE!!!...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thread resurrection time. I figured I'd update as I just put a Heritage Softtail front fender on my 2003 Shadow ACE. As the O.P. said, it fits perfectly, and was actually easier to put on than the original fender because I was able to get rid of that fender brace thing. I used the original spacers to snug up the bolts (with Locktite) as there is only the one piece now instead of fender and fender-brace combo.

This fender is solid metal and has reinforced side panels riveted inside, and seems nearly as rigid as that fender (fork?) brace the bike comes with, although I'd like to know if maybe it's a mistake to leave it off as it will fit back in under the new fender anyway. Seems a bit overkill as the original fender was plastic. The fender I got was from Dennis Kirk, around 80 bucks, rattle-canned black and seemed like it was made for this bike.

Picture time:

·
Premium Member
7,455 Posts
The fender looks nice on that bike! Something to be said for unique.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I've been thinking about making a tail dragger bagger out of my ACE but I'm still on the fence can't make up my mind..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks. My plastic fender was cracked and i wanted to replace it and this was actually a cheaper way to go.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Another update my friends-- it bolts right up but does not work. The fender is a touch too wide for the fork to compress as it needs to. Also the rivets in the holes block up the fork a bit too much because of the fat fork covers. It would work if the fork covers were off, but as a bolt-on project, that's just too much work for me and i ditched the project. The fender has been gifted to my buddy who has a Fatboy.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts