Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently got an awesome deal on a set of used National Cycle Saddlebags
on ebay. Got them with the mounting brackets for $175 shipped (easy custom install Nat'l Cycle doesnt make brackets for 2008+ Aeros with Dual Exhaust as of this date). Sold the prior bags on Ebay and gave a great deal to the buyer (still sold for more than i paid for them though ; ) .

Added Chrome Aero Emblems to the Saddlebags.

10-24-14 HD Slideshow avail

9-14-14 HD Slideshow avail

Here in Arizona the Fall, Winter and Spring time is our best time to Ride, Summer is so Hot I don't ride as much from June-Sept.

· Registered
43 Posts
Very very nice with all sorts of bells and whistles too. Very pretty country out there with a lot of nice riding weather. Over here our peak time of riding is your off season, the rest of the year is iffy.

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very very nice with all sorts of bells and whistles too. Very pretty country out there with a lot of nice riding weather. Over here our peak time of riding is your off season, the rest of the year is iffy.
Thank you very much. Outside of Crash Bars and a Bat-wing thinking i have pretty much every option available .... lol

If i didnt have 6" forward controls i would have the Crash Bars...

If you see this message please tell what you Ride and where you are from.

Thanks Man, Ride Safe!

· Registered
1,329 Posts
bags look great!

But they look a tad far forward, do they interfere with the passenger's leg while riding?

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
bags look great!

But they look a tad far forward, do they interfere with the passenger's leg while riding?
Thanks.

Haven't actually ridden with a passenger yet with them, but I don't think it would be a problem at all.
Also, if it were I could always move the passenger floorboads forward a notch
as the Kury Floorboards have a 3-Postion option and I am on the middle option now.

Look at these pictures, they may give you a better idea where they are actually positioned in relation to the Passenger floorboards which like i said could still be easily moved forward.

The NC Mounting brackets are for a VTX1800, I made a custom adaptor bracket to position just the rear mount of the bracket. See Pic you may be able to see what I did there.

I was actually thrilled where they ended up being positioned all things considered.

Don't plan on giving rides to any Dwarf Chicks either .... LOL

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Yup, it's a thing of Beauty! As tall as you are, I'm surprised you haven't been bitten by the bigger-bike bug.. Are you planning to move to something bigger than the 750 eventually or are you planning to keep your bike for a good while yet?

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you could always fab up some highway bars that go just around the floorboards so your boards go through the bars
Hey JK how ya been man, I've been watching your posts off an on during he summer.

Modifying Highway Bars to work with the 6" forward controls has crossed my mind but i ended up thinking it was not feasible. The 6" controls really stick out forwards a lot.

Not sure what you mean by "boards go through the bars". If you mean I would have to stick my legs through the Highway bars to get to the floorboards making it so i would need a 3-motion move to put my legs on the ground at stops (Back, out, then down) then No, that would not be something i would consider.

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yup, it's a thing of Beauty! As tall as you are, I'm surprised you haven't been bitten by the bigger-bike bug.. Are you planning to move to something bigger than the 750 eventually or are you planning to keep your bike for a good while yet?
Yes, I have thought of a bigger bike, but not so much because I am so Tall
but rather for more POWER.

The VTX 1800 isn't a a whole lot longer than the Aero, it's wheelbase is 67.5"
vs 64.5" on the Aero. That 3" is more than made up for by my 6" forward controls. I would actually be more cramped on a Stock VTX 1800.

I have been looking at VTX 1800's lately as I dream about taking off across country (or California) on a Bike. I could transfer some key parts to it from my Aero, like the Honda Audio, Windshield, Saddlebags, Floorboards, Tachometer to name some of the more $$ items right off the top of my head.

I'm lucky to have "pulled off" what I have done getting this Aero and the Mods
that I have done.

We'll see in about 1 year how I feel about it but until then I won't consider actually doing it unless i ran across a once in a lifetime awesome deal.
My Gut says I'll keep my Aero and not get another Bike as i am planning on other changes in my life.

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Why do you keep saying that? I have a 750 ACE and love it. But it's a pig.
Because out of the last handful of posts you have been doing nothing but pig-bashing... If you don't like the Shadow you have, trade it in for a bike you do like, but please respect where you are.

· Registered
57 Posts
Because out of the last handful of posts you have been doing nothing but pig-bashing... If you don't like the Shadow you have, trade it in for a bike you do like, but please respect where you are.
Mark, you're right.

I love my Shadow. Great bike.

But what I said (and was deleted) is right. I will keep my bike until it dies because I love it. But my next bike WILL have more power.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.