Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with the 2nd bike I was watching since someone snagged up the Magna I was watching,I'm happy with my choice though.I know it's not a popular one here but I like all the parts availability for these and all the things that can be done.It has a solo seat on it so the Sissybar and pee-pad will be removed.Will be adding a larger tank probably.I am going next weekend to Iowa to pick it up & I can't wait :D I also don't feel I waisted any money($3100) because if it turns out I don't like the bike I shouldn't have any problems getting $3K for it or swapping for something different!
I also have spoken with my local dealer and if I chose they will put the 1200 cc conversion in for $800 including parts & my other bud owns a paint shop if I don't like the color after I get it :twisted:
The reasons I went with this 1 is it already has a new Screaming Egle Carb & High Flow filter kit & lowered springs/comfy handlebars/foward controls!The foward controls were a big deal for me as the Sporty mid mount is uncomfy for me and it costs 600-750 for a dealer to install them. :roll:
1989 HD 883 Sportster:

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,379 Posts
Others can say what they like (and probably will) but I reckon that is a damn fine bike. If I had a criticism of my Shadow, it would be that the engine looks too, well, manufactured. The Harley lump, for me at least, epitomises what a vee twin ought to look like.

Now if only Messrs H & D could make a shafty to fit in my frame............

Collector

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx collector,it honestly doesn't matter to me what you ride but a couple selling points for me was the availability and quantity of options for parts for these,also the fact that if you want a bigger motor it can be done very easily with out having to buy another motor or bike!It looks similar to my VLX putting the 2 pics together,my women is happy because it is a HD & my son is just happy I got another 1 because he gets the VLX in a couple years when he is old enough :D But some of these bobbers out of VLX's are catchin my eye!Oh did I mention this won't be the last bike I buy,I am building a small 4 bay motorcycle shed so that leaves 1 for me to work on them and 1 empty

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
twisty571 said:
I went with the 2nd bike I was watching since someone snagged up the Magna I was watching,I'm happy with my choice though.I know it's not a popular one here but I like all the parts availability for these and all the things that can be done.It has a solo seat on it so the Sissybar and pee-pad will be removed.Will be adding a larger tank probably.I am going next weekend to Iowa to pick it up & I can't wait :D I also don't feel I waisted any money($3100) because if it turns out I don't like the bike I shouldn't have any problems getting $3K for it or swapping for something different!
I also have spoken with my local dealer and if I chose they will put the 1200 cc conversion in for $800 including parts & my other bud owns a paint shop if I don't like the color after I get it :twisted:
The reasons I went with this 1 is it already has a new Screaming Egle Carb & High Flow filter kit & lowered springs/comfy handlebars/foward controls!The foward controls were a big deal for me as the Sporty mid mount is uncomfy for me and it costs 600-750 for a dealer to install them.
Piss right on what others think. If *YOU* like it, that's all that should matter. And yes, parts and support for Harleys are just about the best in the industry. Congrats!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again guys & gals.I am pretty stoked,I couldn't sleep the night before the auction was closing,sad because I can't even ride right now,to much snow & ice happening and I am going thru withdrawls bad :cry:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I share the sentiments of others. If that is what you like....well that`s it, you`re paying,you`re riding, to hell with anyone else. I would be keen to know your assessment once you have put a couple of miles in as my wife has been pestering the hell out of me to swop her VT750 for a 883.

Congratulations and safe riding.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kevan said:
I share the sentiments of others. If that is what you like....well that`s it, you`re paying,you`re riding, to hell with anyone else. I would be keen to know your assessment once you have put a couple of miles in as my wife has been pestering the hell out of me to swop her VT750 for a 883.

Congratulations and safe riding.
I definately will,that is 1 reason I also went this way,I can do the comparison myself over a few miles,not riding my buds drag style 1200(not comfy for cruising) for a 10 mile jaunt :) And like I said before if I end up not liking it I know I wouldn't have any problem getting my investment back or any trouble swapping for another bike :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice bike.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congradulations !

Jack

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks everyone,I am stoked and hoping to go pick her up friday & if not then the following weekend for sure :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I guess there is something to be said for blissful ignorance. I couldn't tell you what kind of bike almost any of them are without seeing the name. Just doesn't matter to me, I go by looks and I like the looks of that one.
:D

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Looks like a fine machine you've got there. I'm glad you got what you wanted.

Happy Trails!

sanoke

1 - 16 of 16 Posts