Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here is my 83 shadow bobber project, i wanna hear your comments and suggestions.....dont be too harsh, this is my first time doing custom work

this pic is the bike just the way i bought it

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
i have always liked the left side with the license plate. keep posting the pics.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
cool

·
Registered
84 Posts
Very nice. Is the new fender attached to stock mounts? I would also like to customize my '86 500 with a bobber look. What are you doing about the seat?

I might make a fiberglass seat pan and then cut a fender from a metal spare tire cover from a junkyard.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i like the fender--good work:mrgreen:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice. Is the new fender attached to stock mounts? I would also like to customize my '86 500 with a bobber look. What are you doing about the seat?

I might make a fiberglass seat pan and then cut a fender from a metal spare tire cover from a junkyard.
i was actually able to make small brackets and mount it right to the stock holes on the frame! i ordered a single seat off ebay....gonna wing that one i guess

·
Registered
325 Posts
I hate to p**s on your parade but the way that fender sits it will rub on your tire. Best fix it while you still can by adding more clearance or get used to riding with your shocks turned all the way up. ;-)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was wondering about fabbing up brackets to mount a fender to the swing arm. That way you could practically have the fender kissing the tire and not have to worry about clearance. Good luck and I definately like what you've done. I dig the exhaust too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
looking good, i would suggest trimming the fender back. looks a little large for the rear. Good job on the tank man.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hate to p**s on your parade but the way that fender sits it will rub on your tire. Best fix it while you still can by adding more clearance or get used to riding with your shocks turned all the way up. ;-)
you think it will? it may be hard to tell from the pic but i have a pretty good amount of room under there.
i sat the bike on the ground and had my buddy bounce on it (he weighs more then i do) and it didnt hit the tire....will the back wheel travel more when riding then it would just bouncing the suspension? im glad you brought this up before i go any further
keep in mind im a pretty small dude....i weigh about 145

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was wondering about fabbing up brackets to mount a fender to the swing arm. That way you could practically have the fender kissing the tire and not have to worry about clearance. Good luck and I definately like what you've done. I dig the exhaust too.
ya know i didnt even think about that...good call. i bet that would work, just might be a little more complex trying to make it strong...
the exhaust was on the bike i just cut the angles on the pipes...im thinking about either wrapping them or using extra high heat paint and blacking them out...what do u think?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.