Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up all of the accessories that I ordered with my bike from the dealership. They offered to install them, but I kind of liked the idea of putting them on myself. However since all of the parts seem to reference correct torque for the nuts, it will have to wait until I can get to a hardware store for a torque wrench.

Here's what I ordered:
  • Short back rest
  • Mounting bracket for above
  • Luggage rack
  • Leather pouch for the front
  • Saddle bags and supports
  • Boulevard Screen

I'm going to put the saddle-bags on right away so that I can carry some stuff around, including a reflective vest for night-riding. However, I like the simple look, so I'm not planning to put anything else on at this moment. If I end up making longer trips, the luggage rack and back rest will be useful to strap more stuff on. Also so far I've not felt the need for the screen, but if more highway miles make me uncomfortable, I'll probably slap it on.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
whooo hoooo toys - lets see some photos of them bags when your install is done - always nice to see a phantom all dressed up instead of stripppppped down like mine

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
puting accessories on will make it look differnt, which I believe will look good

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All but the tool bag.
Is that the standard Honda short backrest? It's not as obnoxiously big as I thought it would be - maybe I'll put it on after all...

Also, did you paint the saddlebag supports black? They look much better that way! I think I'll do the same... Any problem getting the paint to stick?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is that the standard Honda short backrest? It's not as obnoxiously big as I thought it would be - maybe I'll put it on after all...

Also, did you paint the saddlebag supports black? They look much better that way! I think I'll do the same... Any problem getting the paint to stick?
Painting them black was genius, and a good idea for you to follow too... I didn't even notice them until you mentioned it and I went back to look. Should have done the ones on my Suzuki M50 Black Edition like that!

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Just black spray paint. It does rub off easily. Better idea would be to take it to a powder coat facility.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went out on the highway for the first time today to see how it was without the screen at speed. It wasn't too bad, so I may leave it off for a while. I have a longer ride tomorrow that will be a good test. I really like the look without the screen.

Saddle bags are going on today for sure though... I'll post pics when it's done...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts