Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered 2 tent cots for hope of doing some motorcycle camping. I got them for a good price, 2 for $134 including shipping (hope there in good shape, open box returns) I have one of their other models, works great, but way to big to haul on a motorcycle, only fold down to 32" x 32" x 6" I will post my thoughts on this Item after I get a chance to look them over, and pictures. see link below.

http://http://store.kamprite.com/catalog/Kamp-Rite-Collapsible-Combo-Tent-Cot-CCTC-p-16138.html

·
Registered
302 Posts
Bike camping can be great. Works well if you use the backpacker approach, being real conscious of every ounce you carry. When I had my Magna, I did a ton of camping around California. I had a 3 man dome tent (about right for 1 person), a single air mattress, and a nylon duffel for gear. All of that fit behind me, crossways with bungees. Made a nice backrest. The saddlebags were reserved for food and drink mostly, and some small items like a 1 burner backpacking stove. Great times and great rides.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I have my trailer setup almost perfect. My list of crapola in it is as follows

3 -- camping umbrella chairs
2 -- Umbrella tables
1 -- Coleman grill/stove combo with 4 bottles propane and extra griddle
1 -- Twin size air mattress
1 -- Eureka Timberline 4 tent (this thing is amazing in weather)
1 -- Cheap Coleman sleeping bag from Walmart
1 -- Large tub full of utensils, plates food and misc. crap
1 -- Large cooler
1 -- Air pump for mattress

probably some other things I forgot about as well. Pretty much all I ever h ave to do is throw in some clothes, food, beer and ice and roll.

I know pulling a trailer isn't really all that purist but it makes it so much more enjoyable. I prefer to camp off the bike then out of my pickup as well. My right hand gal is always with me that way.

I do want to add a roof rack so I can take my road trip grill for longer camp outs or when camping with a larger group. And a way to throw on a full size propane bottle as well. One step at a time. Over the next few years I want to buy some more compact things as well like smaller sleeping bag, camp towels etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts