Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just fixed my electrical problem now it seems like its running rich on the back cylinder like really rich its fouling the back plugs everytime I ride wtf is up with this thing the plugs are all firing right now but when I take the back one out there soaked with gas

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
So what was your electrical problem, since you didn't post it in the thread we were helping you in?

I guess it's time to find out why that carb is running rich! You haven't given us much to go on...

--Justin

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the electrical problem just stoped i sprayed every connection on the bike with contact cleaner and now its firing right how do I know if im getting to much gas or the plugs just arent burning it theres so much gas in there at times its leaking out the exhaust

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I don't know about you, but that's not giving me any warn fuzzies!

Anyway, what other clues can you give us that will help us figure out why your bike is running so rich?

Only the rear cylinder, right?

Things to check off the top of my head:

Air filter. (This usually affects both cylinders, but it's a good thing to check anyway.)

Choke plunger (at the carb, not at the lever.) Remove it and be sure no crud is stuck under the plunger preventing it from closing.

Carb sync. If your carbs aren't sync'd, you'll have a tough time balancing this thing out.

Idle jet setting. Same number of turns on each carb.

Any other hints you can provide will be very helpful!

--Justin

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OKOKOKOKOK you wont believe this the dumbass that sold me my bike took the sync screw completly out of the bike one side idling suckin gas like no other and the other sides drowning im lookin at the carb about to hook up the manometer and im like where the hells the screw in the middle at so i stuck a screw driver in there and messed with it till i got it right so tommorrow im goin to ace for a screw to put in there, I cant belive the stupidity of people with machines I asked him if he messed with the carb and he said no but that clearly not the case but I got a good deal on it and now I know the problem but **** if that didnt drive me crazy for 2weeks

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, via Sherlock Holmes.

--Justin

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no springs or anything I fixed the screw and put a spring on it after I had the retap it because he stripped the hole out completly, then I found out I had a big hole in my carb boots so I ordered some more if I hadent got this thing so cheap I be really pissed about all the problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts