Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
This video convinces me that I'm impressed with all the work you put into your beast. Granted, most of your taste is not on the same page as mine, I can't help but respect the hard work and the result.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
looks good bud! i've never been into skulls and that stuff, but that is one sharp bike! :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
Bad ass dude. I personally dig the skulls the devil head big time, I also love those pipes. The only thing I don't care for about the new Boulevards is the hideous headlight, other than that I really like those bikes - I was also hoping for some video of how the bike sounded.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Nice bike BigB. I've always liked the M109Rs. I sat on a few that were at the Suzuki display when I went to the races last month. They are a bit too wide for my short legs lol. Maybe I oughta try the M90s.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Bad ass dude. I personally dig the skulls the devil head big time, I also love those pipes. The only thing I don't care for about the new Boulevards is the hideous headlight, other than that I really like those bikes - I was also hoping for some video of how the bike sounded.

I FINALLY saw one of these in town the other day. I totally dug the style and curves of the rear and the pipes. But like you, I just can't get over that hideous headlight. It totally doesn't fit the bike at all IMO.
I dig what the OP's done to his tho. It looks wicked sick.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: Nice. That must have cost a penny or two. I can't imagine having a bike like that on my dirt roads though. :shock:

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone. I must honestly say I thought my Sabre would be my last bike. I loved it. Had plenty invested in that one too. Then I went on vacation w/ some friends that owned 109's. It was like going from a VW beetle to a Lamborghini Testarossa!!

As far as the intakes go, the way the snorkel is designed there is no chance of sucking in any water. haven't heard of that happening once.

The headlight, well it takes a lil getting used to but IMO it fits the bike. If you think that's bad, check out what the R2 looks like.

That is ugly! I have seen pics where ppl have removed the factory light and fitted it w/ the standard assembly that everyone is used to seeing, it looks weird. I think most are not used to the looks of the 109, as many of you have said you've never even seen one around your area.

If any of you ever get the chance to ride one, do it. You'll be amazed at the power it offers. Corbin seat and extended risers and I can ride this thing all day. Plus it easily converts to 2 up riding in minutes.

No worries though, there is still a Sabre in my garage, it belongs to my wife. I'm a Honda guy from way back. Out of the 13 or so bikes I have owned though out my life, only 2 have not been a Honda. The other was a 93 750 Katana.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:shock: Nice. That must have cost a penny or two. I can't imagine having a bike like that on my dirt roads though. :shock:
Actually, I got a great deal on it. I bought it new last year. It was a left over from 08. Drove 2.5 hrs one way to West Va. 8995.00 out the door. Then just had to pay Md sales tax and registration fees.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
All I can say is, DAM That is BAD ASS! You have fine looking ride there! I sat on one at the local dealer, it was NICE, they wanted a lot more than you paid too. One question. is it as fast as it looks? It looks like a cop magnet sitting still! Your LEDs turned out great too, **** I dont even want to post pics of mine now lol.
Congrats on a fine job!
Coop

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.