Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. Cage got stolen. It was a 2012 Honda Accord. Weird thing is the thieves didn't like the stuff that was in it so they threw most of it in the bushes down the street which my neighbors found for me. The bike had the garage so the car was easier pick"ns. On a side note, the rain washed my bike Saturday.

·
Premium Member
8,684 Posts
They probably thought you would be pissed if they took your bike ;)

In all seriousness though, sorry to hear about this, having been robbed blind a couple of times, I know pretty-much exactly how you feel.. Insured?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah... that sucks buddy. I guess it's one of those things where you have to just shrug and say "what are you gonna do".

And just hope that insurance pays you off before they find it. I wouldn't want the car back.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's true. I had no attachment to the car but losing the bike would hurt. For cheap cars we just carry liability but this one was fully covered so I shouldn't be out much.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car, Greg. Good thing they didn't get that nice bike. Wouldn't be easy replacing that.

Now I'm betting some of that insurance money funnels into that bike. :wink:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Can't speak for anyone else, but if someone is going to steal from me I'd rather it be the truck than my bike!

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Better bring my 9mm next time i ride through your Neighborhood ....

J/K, actually it surprised me it happened because i'm pretty sure you do live in a nice neighborhood.

Hope you come out Ok or even better with the Insurance

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Best way to deter car thieves these days? Get a 3-on-the-tree manual. It's a dying art. :D

Seriousness - sorry to hear it, Greg. Had my car broken into a few weeks ago. They left my Wylie-X goggles, my winter gloves, a laptop (broken, but no way to know without turning it on) and a bunch of other stuff. They took an old handheld camcorder with no charger. Idiots.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
See...NOW I'm all riled up!

I've had worse break-ins over the years. The DUMBEST one = someone broke into my Ranger to steal the factory Ford single-CD radio. They did virtually no damage, but they did scratch the door pillar to get in. That is now rusty. Thanks, jerks.

The worst one happened shortly before that, at the same address, and actually led to purchasing the Ranger. I had a mid-80s Mustang convertible that I was fixing up. I actually had it to the point I could show it occasionally. One night, just before Thanksgiving, someone sliced the roof open to steal the $75 CD player. Since it was so late in the season, I couldn't get the roof fixed over the winter, the bill to replace the roof would have been around $1200 with at least a week in a heated garage to stretch the roof. I chose a piece of trucker canvas and an awl, sewed it up and waited for spring. By then, the roof frame had shifted and I would have to completely realign the roof, estimate about $1800 to fix. All for a $75 radio... Thanks, jerks.

And to make matters worse, probably the same delinquent neighbor kids on both occasions. And I knew who they were. Hated their parents.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You may get your car back. My VW was stolen from the parking lot at work. My worst nightmare was that it may be used in a crime. About three days later I got a call in the middle of the night from the PD. They had located my car abandoned in a parking garage of a large apartment complex about 8 miles from my work. I think someone just needed it for transportation. No damage and nothing taken. I told the officers that I would be right there to sign the recovery form and take possession and for them not to impound the car. Otherwise, I would have had to pay the towing and storage fees.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
You may get your car back. My VW was stolen from the parking lot at work. My worst nightmare was that it may be used in a crime. About three days later I got a call in the middle of the night from the PD. They had located my car abandoned in a parking garage of a large apartment complex about 8 miles from my work. I think someone just needed it for transportation. No damage and nothing taken. I told the officers that I would be right there to sign the recovery form and take possession and for them not to impound the car. Otherwise, I would have had to pay the towing and storage fees.
Ummm...I'll take the loss at that point...

Rudolph Junkins: I understand, uh, one of the perpetrators, uh, defecated on the dashboard. Now, I woulda thought you'd be madder than hell at that. And I thought you woulda reported that.
Arnie Cunningham: **It wipes off.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for cheering me up.
I watched a surveillance video of the car thieves. They pulled into the parking lot by the neighborhood playground and and spent 7 minutes in front of the camera emptying out my car. They really didn't like my stuff. The police watched it with me but the video quality is bad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts