Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sold on the big bear venom, but went to my local dealer and he has the swift chopper with the 117Cu” engine and better breaks. It also comes with a 3 year all inclusive warranty. I can also buy a show model for 13k less then the venom. I am sure this will be in my garage by end of march only the one they have is red, like my shadow, will I still be welcome here?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sweet!! Congrats Dragoon! Nice looking new ride...
You better stick around...I do!!

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Will you at least ride it?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
chornbe said:
Will you at least ride it?
Hey Dragoon ... it's a beautiful bike. I love the look of those things as well. But I think I'd be scared to death to take it out of the garage. What are your plans for this once you own it? Do you plan on showing it?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think that with most choppers, you qualify for an Iron Butt patch if you ride more than 100 miles in 24 hours. The only down side is that you may not sit for another week....

·
Registered
429 Posts
What do you think? You will still be welcomed here for sure.

My questions is why, you will stick around for a bit then find a forum more geared to your bike and then disappear.

I will say my goodbye's now because you will slowly be gone and nobody will notice when you are gone for good.

Goodbye.

Dragoon said:
will I still be welcome here?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Does it come with a trailer to take it more than 10 miles from home?? :twisted: :twisted:

J/K!! :D I see a LOT of those type "customs" behind pickups headin' to Daytona this time of year! :roll:

Beautiful bike!!! But..................

{rat is correct!!}

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congradulations !

Jack

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do plan on riding it. I will not get rid of my shadow and the model I am buying ( assuming the stars align correctly) is a soft tail. :!: I am at the stage in my life that if I will ever own one, it is now :oops: . My back is in such bad shape tat I may have as little as 5 to 10 years of riding left in my life :cry: . I drove this very bike yesterday and it is quite well mannered. I am impressed with the quality of the swift bike and love the fact that the S&S is 117 standard as opposed to the option on the big bear model I want. Now, as we all know, I have gone in and out of the chopper mode and thus another month may change my mind, but at this point, I have a down payment on the candy red one I want and I am just waiting for the clear out 2006’s that they are getting this week. So, maybe I will have a change of heart. However, I have put thought to building one from a chassis, or buying one that is built to not having one at all. There are things I do not like about this one and things I love, however, if I can buy a show model at 13k off MSRP then one has to think seriously about it. The one I have chosen has a 5.2 gallon tank which was a big seller for me as well as the overall chrome ( bling) factor that it had when I first saw it. So, call it my mid age ( maybe old age) crisis but I will never be in a position to do this again thus I have to pull the trigger soon, if at all.

As I say, I will keep my shadow just to ensure I can be part of this great forum ( maybe because I love the bike too) and will put the majority of my regular mileage on it. After all, I have 14.5k on a bike I bought June 22nd 06 so with the 1.5 months of not riding, I am sure I will need both. Also, I have the garage space dedicated to a bike, and the shadow doesn’t take it all up.

Dragoon
8)

·
Banned
4,110 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Dragoon said:
I will not get rid of my shadow ...
I really enjoy having more than one bike. It's nice to ride the bike that fits my mood and the type of riding I want to do. I say go for it!

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
632 Posts
Dragoon, that is an awesome looking machine. You better be careful or you may just end up with a permanent grin!

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
yeah, it just stuck me as funny

like you are whispering to him:

"um dude, thats a custom"

or

"um, I think we are in the wrong bar" ala 'Uneasy Rider 88' by CDB
:lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts