Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
My first bike was a '70 Honda CL175.........before that was a '52 Cushman Highlander....

·
Registered
339 Posts
My 1st was a Briggs and Stratton.. later I had a Honda Trail 70 with a 4 speed manual clutch. Somewhere in between was a go cart I got in a little trouble with and had to sell...

·
Registered
865 Posts
zikzak said:
My 1st was a Briggs and Stratton.. later I had a Honda Trail 70 with a 4 speed manual clutch. Somewhere in between was a go cart I got in a little trouble with and had to sell...
I bet it was the lure of the open road. That got me in a little trouble with a go-cart once.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
First bike was a Yamaha FS1E moped. Next was an exciter 185 also from Yamaha then went to a hawk 450 by Honda. All a long time ago.

Doesn't include dirt machines 8)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Looks familiar. :)

brings back old memories.......

mine was a sport 50 that my brother, who was in the Navy, brought
back from Japan. and rode all the way from San Diego to Denver.

the speedo was even in Km/ Hr. i was 15 at the time. Loved that bike.

d roy

·
Registered
131 Posts
Me Too!

I had two sport 50's in 1965 and 1966.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, that's the same bike I had, about the same time. I loved that bike! It took all sorts of abuse in the form of lack of maintenance, and kept on ticking until I got my driver's license and began driving cages.

My fond memories of that bike reawakened a couple of years ago, which is why I now have the 1100 Spirit.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I reamaber in '63 you could buy the 50cc Honda Cub for $149 in the base PX in Japan. Super Cub was a little more. Here's a pic of the regular Cub.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Honda XR80 when I was about 10. I used to race my dad down the street in his car. Looking back, I don't know if it was a good idea giving a 10 year old something that could easily do 50 mph :p

glennc: have you seen the discovery show of the top 10 greatest bikes? They picked the cub as the #1 bike, and to prove how durable it was they threw it off of a 4 story building and it was still going :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Always had Hondas... first was a mini bike (Wren), then Honda 125 SS when I was about 14, a few years later a CB350, then a CB500T, and now my 750 ACE.

Keith

·
Registered
236 Posts
Aero98 said:
My first bike was a 76 Kawa Z1R . I'm lucky to have survived that bike.
Ah, the predasessor to the Ninja engine. :twisted: :twisted:

If I am correct? the 74,75, & 76's were set up to be 1100cc bikes, but they sleved them back down to 900 to meet trade laws. However, since they were carbed to be 1100s there was a kit to remove the sleeve and significantly up the HP.

·
Registered
549 Posts
kingham said:
Aero98 said:
My first bike was a 76 Kawa Z1R . I'm lucky to have survived that bike.
Ah, the predasessor to the Ninja engine. :twisted: :twisted:

If I am correct? the 74,75, & 76's were set up to be 1100cc bikes, but they sleved them back down to 900 to meet trade laws. However, since they were carbed to be 1100s there was a kit to remove the sleeve and significantly up the HP.
hmmmmm.....my Z is 750 cc's, but it's a sleeved-down 1000 cc mill. now you've got the wheels in my head turning.

·
Registered
259 Posts
piperkeith--my first ever was a Wren too. (piece of crap never would run right) My first real bike was this one:

All I remember is that it was a C-something, a 450 with "automatic" transmission. (anyone know the model?) late 70'ish, I think. Became re-addicted a couple of years ago with a VLX, and now the Aero.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts