Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a fun thread (possibly) that even you folks socked in for the winter can do. Here's me and my first bike. A yamaha 80. Pic is 1973. Look at my suave pose. It is obvious that I was a very experienced rider even at 10 years old. After all, I had been sneaking through the woods over to my girlfriends house and riding her Honda 70 the whole time I was 9. (She was 8. Oh the fun we had)

Christmas morning in New Orleans. Me and my little sis on her first scoot too. The only existing pic I know of with me and my first bike. I am on my 7th bike now. Just a noob to some of you.

Y'all post em up!!! Let's see a PICTURE of you and your very first motorcycle!

·
Registered
40 Posts
My first was a beaten up Kawasaki Z200 when I was 18. Not roadworthy and I rode it in front of a truck and had a minor crash. Somehow managed to get rid of it and bought a really nice Honda CD200 which I had for quite a while - before t-boning a merc...that cost me a bit

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pictures fellas! Pictures! Like I just posted from 41 years ago.

We want to see pictures of you and your first bike. Otherwise this is just a "what was your first bike" thread, from which there are many I am sure. :)

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Put this in a thread a while back. 1974, 16 yrs old, 1967 Honda 160 Dream. Flared fenders and all. I'm not in it as I was the photographer. That's with real film, for you younger folks.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm thinking this was around 68 or 69. Sold under a couple of different brand names. I believe they were actually made in Taiwan. Yamaha sold them branded "Maverick" . 4 speed with clutch. This happened about the same time Honda came out with the Mini Trail 50 . I also learned to work on motorcycles with this. I had the thing for quite a while and as it got older it tended to break and I would have to fix it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Put this in a thread a while back. 1974, 16 yrs old, 1967 Honda 160 Dream. Flared fenders and all. I'm not in it as I was the photographer. That's with real film, for you younger folks.
Nice pic you old fart! You had me by 5 years. That must have been taken with a .00000001 MP camera! :)

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
That's not age, that's experience! And that was an old Kodak Instamatic BTW. My older brother had a darkroom set-up when we were kids and I had onsite service!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's not age, that's experience! And that was an old Kodak Instamatic BTW. My older brother had a darkroom set-up when we were kids and I had onsite service!
Great pic brotha! I grew up with a 35 and a darkroom myself. Y'all keep em coming!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Here is my first street bike. CX500C first pic is my wife the bike and me (in order of importance) and the second is me doing an oil change. I don't have a pic of my first bike which was a little mini bike. I was not even allowed to own one at the time and kept it at a friends house so my parents wouldn't know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts