Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just wanted to show off my new bike. Its a 1984 shadow 500. This is my first one, and I've been looking to get one for awhile now. She needs a TLC, but that's where I come in :D. I took her out for about 100 miles today, and she's running good. The guy I got it from (a friend actually) gave me some carb cleaner, and that's helped her out.

Anyways, just am super excited and wanted to share. I'm sure I'll be back with questions as I start fixing her up.

Attachments

· Premium Member
7,692 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the "new to you" bike. Have you given her the first bath yet?;):mrgreen: Oh, and you're gonna fit right in here, you post pics! Forgot to mention, if she's a little sluggish, get some seafoam fuel additive. Run a 2-3 tanks full of fuel mixed as on the can. Often times that'll clean things up a bit.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, no I haven't washed her yet. Tomorrow I'm gonna start with some small things, and might clean her up a bit while I'm at it. The grips are in pretty bad shape, so I wanna replace those. I also need to adjust the positioning of the front break lever, and the mirrors as well. The tach isn't working either, but I think its just the cable, which is like $10.

· Registered
2,544 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looks like a nice bike. I'll bet it will shine with just a little elbow grease. Yes...use Seafoam in a couple tanks of fuel. About 2 oz. per gallon should work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.