Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the day off to spend some quality time with my new to me bike. It was 20 something degrees this morning! Drove my car picked up some medium weight base layers (thermals) some new cold weather gloves and came back to ride.

This is my first time on real streets with traffic! Within 50 yds of getting out there I had to pass the mail truck, go scoot! That was fun. Puttered around the subdivisions for a while and then up to the shopping area. Only stalled twice at a 4 way. Seems I wasn't in first :) Downshift downshift.

Got a haircut went to the grocery, thank you saddlebags and then rode home.

It was a blast. A big switch from riding the 250 around the parking lot at my MSF class. I hit 45 mph!

So that's my first ride on my first bike. I'm 48 years old and smiling like a kid.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
They are a load of fun. Glad you got your first real ride on a nice machine!

·
Registered
776 Posts
I was about 47 when I started riding, and I'm 50 now...so I am an OLD pro. I love it and ride daily. Just got back from a ride about twenty minutes ago. Be safe and enjoy. And do not forget to downshift. I can't tell you how many times I tried to leave from a stoplight while still in 4th or 5th when I first started. Still do it once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great! Welcome to the riding world. I started to ride back in April this year at 47 years old! It is hard not to smile isn't it? I put 6,000 miles on mine since April, wish I would have had more time to ride!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.