Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cruisers dont turn as sharply, nor lay over as far as sport bikes (just so you know)

everything else the same, i'd probably be missing some hair on the back on my head....but yanno, regarding my family history, i'll need all the help i can get to keep it where it is!

my right shoe would still be just as screwed up.

aside from that.....everything else was OK.

not bad for dumping at 60 MPH at 10:00 at night.

personal loss.....nearly dislocated left pinky, something poked me really hard in the right outer mid thigh, and my right pectoral hurts to touch (so...i'm not touching it)

the bike fared pretty well, too. (meaning, i could ride it home)

lost the sissy bar pad, both ends of the stock exhaust, all of the signals, the front fender, the headlight assembly, bent the bars, and the right riser, dented the tank with the bars, ground down the right emblem and paint on the tank, ground the aircleaner pretty good, ground the corner off the front brake resevoir, ground off a goodly portion of the brake peg and pedal, and bent the poop out of my nifty extensions...

so....if anyone has anything extra laying around that'll fit and/or fix my bike, feel free to PM me.

and hey.....i think i might go get the rest of my saftey gear too.

if at first you don't succeed...............you shouldn't try skydiving.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Xodus said:
Something in your pocket maybe? keys, cellphone, pocket knife?
not in my case...., i don't keep anything in that pocket except my keys..and they were in the bike at the time.

i think i somehow managed to catch the left passenger peg, it's bent down, and there's no real reason for it to be (bike slid on it's right side only)

i'd imagine that i got in it's way when the bike stood back up and tried to highside me.

i dunno how i knew what to do to keep it chucking me over the top, but i basically countersteered it back onto it's right side (if the gravel/sand hadn't been there to let the rear tire come out from under, i might have actually saved it)

thanks, everyone, for your friendliness.

just beacuse you can take that big right sweeper in your truck at 60, and those sport bikers can take it at 80, doesn't mean that your shadow will do the same.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.