Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I bought a used VT1100 from OfferUp a few weeks ago, and I figured I would get on here and dip my toe into the community. For context, I'm a 22 year old man in Southern California and this is the second motorcycle I've ever owned. Before this bike, I hadn't ridden since I was 18 years old. My new (used) Shadow runs great except that it needs the clutch fluid bled because it isn't always engaging properly and occasionally makes shifting and stopping a bit tricky.

I will be taking the bike to a local mechanic tomorrow to have the issue addressed. Other than that, the bike doesn't really have any issues, and I hope to take it on some interstate rides within the next few months!

I'm looking forward to learning more about this community and becoming a better rider.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,969 Posts
Welcome to the forum, show us some pictures.

Reactions: ShortShift

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,529 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Very nice! You got lucky, the '85-'86 Shadow 1100's are the high performace ones, before Honda tuned the engine down. The "classic" Shadows had 78 HP, the 1987 had 67. The compression ratio was higher in the first two years - makes me wonder why they changed it. Anyway, enjoy that bike - you are riding my favorite motorcycle hands down!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice! You got lucky, the '85-'86 Shadow 1100's are the high performace ones, before Honda tuned the engine down. The "classic" Shadows had 78 HP, the 1987 had 67. The compression ratio was higher in the first two years - makes me wonder why they changed it. Anyway, enjoy that bike - you are riding my favorite motorcycle hands down!
Thanks, I'm loving it so far. The only thing I would change is that she doesn't corner as tightly as my last bike and I'd prefer a bit more maneuverability. But I promised myself that I would wait a full year before I start customizing or modifying anything on her. So far it's my favorite bike too!

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,529 Posts
Think about the name= cruiser.
Not really meant to be a stunt bike. A dependable road bike.
But then again look at the guys flinging around a full size Harley .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think about the name= cruiser.
Not really meant to be a stunt bike. A dependable road bike.
But then again look at the guys flinging around a full size Harley .
Yes, I'm not planning on making it a stunt bike, but if it survives me riding it for long enough, it will definitely be heavily modified eventually. But like I said, I'm gonna wait one year before I start really modifying it for either style or function.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts