Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took the ugly a$$ tag assembly off my wife's Aero and replaced it w/ the sleek low profile unit from Kuryakyn
Before

after

Oh forgot to add, I took off the pillion, the back rest and the luggage rack a couple weeks ago and added a fender rack

Then I added an under fender Radiantz LED turn signal assembly to my bike.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Okay, I give up . . .

What would it take to get you to come stay at my place for a few days?:D
-john

p.s. You know you could really go into business for yourself with this stuff. Awesome, Bernie.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
the radiantz led's look awesome your 109!

is that the kury curved mount? that's what i have on my X.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What would it take to get you to come stay at my place for a few days?:D
-john

p.s. You know you could really go into business for yourself with this stuff. Awesome, Bernie.
LOL Thanks John. I don't think it would pay my bills though. Although it would be a lot more fun then working 2 jobs. It's really not rocket science. Just need some basic electrical skills. I think you could do it.

the radiantz led's look awesome your 109!

is that the kury curved mount? that's what i have on my X.
Thanks AJ, yeah it's the curved one. I got the idea from a member here that had it on their Aero. I knew I wanted that for my wife's bike.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Looks good Big B! The Kury Curved looks great on the Aero too, I put one on my VTX not too long ago and love the look!
Another fine job Big B!
Coop

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Both projects came out looking great! Good job!

I spent my day running wiring, relay, terminal block, etc. Adding horns and LED lighting.
Getting everything to fit and look invisible is a challenge.
Dan

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
LOL Thanks John. I don't think it would pay my bills though. Although it would be a lot more fun then working 2 jobs. It's really not rocket science. Just need some basic electrical skills. I think you could do it. ...
Don't be so sure. LOL.

When people are good at something, they think its easy and everybody could do it. It takes you longer to explain the simplest electrical stuff to an electrical imbecile like me, than it takes for you to do complicated electrical stuff.

Bike looks good and so do your other mods, especially the LED's

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't be so sure. LOL.

When people are good at something, they think its easy and everybody could do it. It takes you longer to explain the simplest electrical stuff to an electrical imbecile like me, than it takes for you to do complicated electrical stuff.

Bike looks good and so do your other mods, especially the LED's
For the most part, it's just basic wiring. You learn by what you're doing. Asking questions and trying it yourself. Trust me, you can do it to once you learn some basic skills.

Is the new plate lighted? I really like the look, but our regulations require lights.
Yes, the new frame is lighted.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Looks good big B, Sure beats my project today. I did some work on my beer belly while watching some football. I did make some progress though. The mods look real good though.,

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
lol thanks, I'm havin that problem too. I think there's a keg in there!!
Yeah, I used to have a beer belly, but then I just got fat and you can't even tell anymore.;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Big B, gotta agree with Lakota and Txshadow, you have an uncommon talent. Looking at your garage, wow, the work you did on your ride :shock:. I have the uncanny ability to get a project almost finished nicely, and then I run out of patience and screw it up :-x

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Big B, gotta agree with Lakota and Txshadow, you have an uncommon talent. Looking at your garage, wow, the work you did on your ride :shock:. I have the uncanny ability to get a project almost finished nicely, and then I run out of patience and screw it up :-x
Thanks. Being an auto tech for 30 years teaches you patience among other things. Do it right, do it once. I hate having to do something over.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Outstanding work Bernie.
Congrats on jobs well done.
Unfortunately, our riding season is nearing an end and I've been putting in some long hours at the office and I'm renovating one of my properties. So my riding time has diminished greatly. Always enjoy your threads.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.