Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of swearing that I would do it.. Yup! I Gone-Done Did-it!

Last Weekend I invested in a 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour, Cherry Condition with 2000 miles on the clock, 3 year warranty, 7k off MSRP.. :) .. Just couldn't turn it down..

I love this thing.. Sat on every single bike I could, BMW's, Yammy's, Kawi's, I even sat on the NM4 ...Not many bikes really seemed to fit me..

The Shadow did with some tweaking and I Love My Aero..

But.. Out of the box? The new Valkyrie came real close, all the Goldwings did, but - for me - they just seem to be missing something.. The Victory XC? Just felt like coming home.. I sat in it and my mind Screamed YES!

So I took it for a test-ride and I was sold, put a deposit down on it that day, and picked it up the next.

I am amazed at how easy this bike is to ride.. Even at low speeds the thing is easy to ride.. From standing, this bike takes off with more confidence than my Aero, and the power?

Phht.. :D

I was out on it today, and hit the ramp to merge into highway traffic and .. YE-GODS! :lol:.. Yes.. ?? Power? It has that!!

As a bike, It's a whole 'nother experience.. I ride this thing and I just don't want to quit.. The miles just tick on by.. If I had to gripe, I would say that I feel more removed from the ride. My Aero provides a much more Visceral riding experience. But for longer distances.. 300 miles.. The Cross Country, it's just seems to me that it's made to handle that kind of thing better..

Still Have My Aero.. Having a Real Hard time letting go. Plus, the guy at the Victory dealership low-balled me for it as a trade-in and I was offered much-more for it by another dealership.. So, keeping it for a while as an around town bike.

Got some modifications to make to this thing, new boards, lower windshield (something I can look over), HID Lights, new mirrors, a couple of performance items, nothing spectacular as yet.. But.. She definitely has the bones of a keeper :)

Naming her "Lady" ..and she moves with grace for a big gal ;)

From My Family to Yours.. All the Best to You All.. Have a Great Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!!

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
Congrats! Now get rid of that highlighter yellow crap. It doesn't match the bike!

Sweet ride!!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! and ..The thought had occurred to me :lol:

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's a beautiful bike. Please keep us updated on riding experiences.
Congratulations. I have been looking a that same victory as well as a kawasaki vulvan voyager.
Are the snow pictures in Arizona?

·
Premium Member
8,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Yup! ..These pictures were taken on a ride I took today.. Up by Woods Canyon Lake, in the Mountains up by Heber..

With heated seats, heated grips and all that wind protection.. riding in such cold weather is much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats, nice scoot...

·
Registered
740 Posts
That looks great! You must've been a good lad all year for Santa to allow you that :)

Do the rocket boosters and front asteroid shielding come off, is it posible to ride it naked?

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Nice bike and Christmas present to your self. That color really stands out and one of my favorites besides purple. Keep us posted as you break her in.

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
Looks Great Mark, Best of Luck with her !! :)

·
Premium Member
8,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys..

I do feel lucky, that's for sure.. As a kid I never dreamt I would own a house, or a car, or a beautiful bike like this Cross Country or my Shadow..

And, Yes.. The bags come off real easy, a couple of latches inside the bags and they come off.. The lowers do come off and they will come off during summer.. The trunk, 2 Allen bolts - unhook the harness and that lifts off..

The front fairing.. ???

No.. That needs to stay.. That hides all kinds of ugly :)

I am getting a shorter "flip" windshield, hopefully that will be here in the next two weeks.. My new mirrors arrived today I think..

·
Registered
740 Posts
Mmm very nice!

When I was a kid I used to be really into a cartoon called MASK, lots of vehicles that had hidden weapons etc and one of the bad guys had a bike just like yours with rockets and all sorts :)

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
That's one sweet looking ride and sounds like a super deal!!!!
Happy New Bike Day!!!! And Merry Christmas!!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Time to ditch the green power ranger outfit and get a red one to match the bike.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's a wonderful machine Mark! You can spend a few months getting to know her, then come springtime it'll be time for some cross country. That thing screams for the open highway.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Congrats Mark!!!!!

What color did you get? Pics???

I know you will enjoy that extra power when going up those mountain roads, I took a ride up, around and through Payson and know exactly what its like to ride a Aero through the inclines, its rough.

Good move and the right move for you man!

Merry Christmas!!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Congrats. Santa was nice to you you must have been a good boy all year long. AND it's Red. The best motorcycle color. Now you can dress up like Santa on Christmas and give gifts to all the children.
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
173 Posts
I thought that was you over on the Vic forum. Exceptional ride. Congratulations.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Good for you, Mark! That thing is the epitome of perfect! Beautiful!

1 - 20 of 132 Posts