Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the Honda Shadow will forever hold a spot near to my heart, I decided an ST was a better fit for my needs so I found myself a new steed: 2008 Yamaha FJR1300.

Loved the ride home, and looking forward to the 2 hour 1-way trip to Manassas 3 times a week.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
:D i love the fjr! they are great bikes! i wish i had me one!!!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
She's a beaut! Wish I had range of motion enough in my ankles to enjoy riding one of those... looks like tons of fun :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Great looking bike! Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Beautiful bike!

Congrats!

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Congrats! Very good looking ride, Love the color too:)
Coop

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Way to go John! She is beautiful! Mind that throttle boy, that's a LOT of bike, a LOT of power.

Be safe! :D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Congrats on your FJR!

In fact, I just traded mine off for another Valkyrie because the FJR's riding position is a little too sporty for my ever-stiffening joints. I will be listing one of the Valks on CL in the next couple of weeks. They are both Tourers and I don't need two of them.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Nice ride, I would have went with the ST myself if I was riding solo. The wing is big.

The FJ is a nice choice :)

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I fell in love with a silver 2007 but was way too vertically challenged to handle it confidently. At 75, the Shadow just made more sense for me.

Frank

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice bike, I too am interested in trying out a ST. I don't know if I like the Honda ST1300 or the Kawasaki Concours 14

·
Registered
199 Posts
I took one for a test ride at the dealers and liked it a lot but it was $6000 more than the VT1300 so I had to pass. Great touring bike though.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Nice ticket generator, you're going to love it, I'm sure.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts