Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I didn't wreck it. But, now that I've got your attention ...

My wife sure did a good job of capturing the look of all those icecicles, icecycles, icesickles, stalagtites hanging off the the bike, especially the lower exhaust. Well, I dang sure ain't riding in THIS weather!!! Obviously, it ain't July down here in south Texas. I gotta say, if it looks like this down here in south Texas, you can bet your sweet bippy that it's a lot worse up north (some where up above Dallas!). I really feel for y'all. I MAY be riding on Friday, tho.

I guess I should go get that cheap cover from Wally World! I hate to spend the money for the two days a year that I need it. At least I've got the seat cover on it!

·
Registered
406 Posts
haha, the bicycles around campus have been like that for a few days, and people have made tracks in the snow so that they don't have to walk on the sidewalks. I saw three walkers go down on my way to class Wednesday, and I came pretty darn close myself. It was enough to make me take the battery out... but hopefully only for a few days!!!

I'll confess I had a small hope that I'd be able to ride safely all winter.

Great picture.

·
Registered
335 Posts
No ice here yet, but I'm feelin' your pain, I haven't rode to work the past few days because of the rain followed by COLD lows (for me...24 degrees). I get off work at 10pm and didn't want to have to ride home on ice...there wasn't any ice, but I still didn't get to ride, I feel cheated, I'm riding tomorrow for sure! (haven't checked the weather yet, but I don't care if there is going to be ice, 3 days without riding is too long)

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Aw, a little ice never hurt any bike. Just don't use a windshield scraper to remove it!! :shock: Roll it in the garage and there will be a puddle under it in no time.

·
Registered
236 Posts
David said:
Obviously, it ain't July down here in south Texas. I gotta say, if it looks like this down here in south Texas, you can bet your sweet bippy that it's a lot worse up north (some where up above Dallas!). I really feel for y'all. I MAY be riding on Friday, tho.
You guys down south got popped pretty good. I had a meeting in Austin canceled today since SW was only flying 10-15% of their flights down there yesterday.

We are gearing up for round three of this thing up here. They are saying this one will be bigger than the last. :?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Very cool picture David. However, you won't be getting a lot of sympathy from me. It's supposed to snow again here this weekend. That makes five in a row. I think we've gotten about five and a half feet since Christmas. Still have about 2 feet of it sitting on the ground.

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
549 Posts
wow!

is it just me, or does anyone else think it's a mortal sin when you don't garage a moto? IMHO, cars can live outside and weather the elements, but a moto is like a woman. you have to shelter her and protect her from anything that can harm her.

·
Registered
949 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
wow!

is it just me, or does anyone else think it's a mortal sin when you don't garage a moto? IMHO, cars can live outside and weather the elements, but a moto is like a woman. you have to shelter her and protect her from anything that can harm her.
I agree, I am trying to find a rental house with a garage, or at least a nearby storage rental place to garage the Sabre. She is a garage Queen and I want to keep it that way

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
wow!

I hope this is not true, because, at best, would have to suffer from benign neglect. At worse, a divorce would be on the horizon. :lol:

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
wow!

It may not be a mortal sin, but treat her badly and she'll kick you in the rear end.

As an aside, have you ever kicked the throttle and you can just see her hoofs pounding out?...I swear I'm on a horse.

·
Registered
227 Posts
kingham said:
David said:
Obviously, it ain't July down here in south Texas. I gotta say, if it looks like this down here in south Texas, you can bet your sweet bippy that it's a lot worse up north (some where up above Dallas!). I really feel for y'all. I MAY be riding on Friday, tho.
You guys down south got popped pretty good. I had a meeting in Austin canceled today since SW was only flying 10-15% of their flights down there yesterday.

We are gearing up for round three of this thing up here. They are saying this one will be bigger than the last. :?
My bike in Amerillo in the spring

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
sanoke said:
Very cool picture David. However, you won't be getting a lot of sympathy from me. It's supposed to snow again here this weekend. That makes five in a row. I think we've gotten about five and a half feet since Christmas. Still have about 2 feet of it sitting on the ground.
John, I feel for you ... but there is a positive in that. Your snow is eventually my Colorado River water. Unless of course you're on the eastern side of the continental divide, in which case ... nevermind. :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Wasn't the last time San Antonio had weather like that was back in the early '80s?

Here in Baltimore, we average 18" of snow a year and this year we haven't had any! Rode some miles last weekend as a mtter of fact.

Weird weather this that's for sure.

Bruce

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PainterD said:
Aw, a little ice never hurt any bike. ... Roll it in the garage ...
"Garage" ??? What's a "garage" ??? Is this some kind of shelter?

Seriously, the house has no garage, just an enclosed ex-carport that, tho not hvac'd, doesn't have room for a bike. I did manage to get the cover on the seat, so that the good leather didn't get soaked & frozen. I WANT to build a garage, 25'x40', so that I can have a place for the van, car, riding mower, motorcycle, & eventual truck & little 2 seater car, and my workshop (cabinet tools & bench tools are in the ex-carport).

And, really, the bike is a bike. It's a toy that can easily be replaced. It's not a 1948 Indian, or a '64 1/2 Mustang, or a real horse. It's nothing more than something that anyone can buy with a little cash. So, tho I enjoy riding her, she, like any employee, is just as easily replaceable. (don't tell me, I already know, yes - I AM an employee, & an easily replaceable one at that).

And, I know that there are plenty of folks here (some of y'all have already posted, John!) that deal with a lot worse weather than what we will ever see down here in South Texas (until Nuclear Winter comes). I'm not whining, at least not for me. But, that's a picture that'll remind me of my roots for a long time to come - long after I've pulled up the tree & moved it to a much bigger/better house/home.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Looks kind of bad but I guess it's not any worse than getting rained on. Just takes a little longer to dry. I'd have moved it into the living room for a couple of days though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts