Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300R
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not much of a photographer and I only used my phone's camera, but these are some places that I have recently found riding through Cedar Rapids. A couple of them are not the usual Iowa landscape.

This one is just an interesting little train bridge across the Cedar River near downtown. I wasn't there for it, my understanding is that this bridge was either completely or almost covered with water during the Floods of '08.

This is a view of I-380 crossing the river with a little bit of downtown showing. The building on the right behind the bridge is where the Cedar Rapids government offices used to be. They've only recently started moving everything back there from after the Flood.

This is just a cool little arch. Only 1 vehicle can fit through at a time and there's a bike path that goes across the top of it.

Just a view of the river from this part of the road.

This is not the best photo of what I was trying to capture, which is the solid rock wall. It's a view that looks like it would fit in better in southern Missouri or maybe up in the Northeast.

All in all it was a great day to ride. Down by the river especially where there was a little bit more of a cool breeze.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Everything in the pics looks so nice and cool ! :cool:

It's in the 90's here right now.

Looks like a great ride.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
nice pics!

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300R
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything in the pics looks so nice and cool ! :cool:
Heh, it wasn't too bad then... low to mid 80's. It's gotten hotter since then and I am pretty sure my air conditioning is broke. Temperature inside my house right now is 85 with the air conditioning going.

Those are some nice photos from a phone. What kinda phone do you have?
It's the original Motorola Droid.

Thanks guys. :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
I love to see what other rides ride through. We all have such different yet beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300R
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone. I really should take some pictures that depict the more typical scenery I see when I am out.

love the pics! Thank you. Looks like a nice ride, courious how the weather is/was. Never been to Iowa.
It's pretty typical midwest weather. It's been pretty nice except a little hot, but it cooled off bit yesterday which is good since I have no air conditioning in my house at the moment. Wouldn't be so bad if I could open the windows, but most of them don't have screens.

great pix -- but dam get the bike in there next time
I'll try, but except for the bridge pictures I was sitting on my bike while taking them. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.