Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well, one of them anyway. This is my 2008 Suzuki V-Strom 650. Just in case anyone is curious as to what one of my other bikes looks like.

Happy Trails!
sanoke

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
probably needs to go out and count ;)
Oh, it's not that bad.;-)

I have four, a 1972 Triumph Bonneville, a 1982 Yamaha 550 Maxim, a 2004 Shadow Spirit 1100, and this 2008 Suzuki V-Strom 650. I keep trying to cull the herd but just can't seem to part with any of them. I actually do ride them all pretty regularly too so they aren't just garage queens.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
that's a good lookin' strom

·
Registered
790 Posts
I had an 08 V-Strom. Flat black. Best bike I've ever owned and has been the one that all others since have had to measure up to. None have. Especially not the shadow. I'm kicking myself in the ass for selling that one.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice. I used to ride with a friend in the early 80's, he had an 80 550 Maxim. A real road warrior, for sure!
Dan
I bought the Maxim about 5 years ago as a winter project to fix up and sell in the spring. Fell in love with the thing and after putting on 70,000 miles or so, I still can't bear to part with it. It's the perfect ride for those "shorter" week day rides.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had an 08 V-Strom. Flat black. Best bike I've ever owned and has been the one that all others since have had to measure up to. None have. Especially not the shadow. I'm kicking myself in the ass for selling that one.
Yes, they truly are great bikes. I certainly enjoy mine.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I knew you were a man of class, distinction and impeccable judgement.;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm of the opinion that Suzuki's SV650 (obviously you have the slightly more capable version of that) is the single greatest bike ever built. I believe that could have been my first bike and I could ride it until I die. There is no stopping those bikes and they do EVERYTHING perfectly.
Nice choice! If I had an extra few $K sitting around I would go get a VStrom 1000.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.