Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well lately i have been going though gas issues mainly using more than i think i should be. thought it was because its december in michigan and im still riding (cold weather) well tonight while looking over my bike before i ride to work tomorrow i see some GAS :shock: take off the seat and tank to find the float bowl leaking a bit from the drain screw and the gasket. also find diaphragm pump on the side of the carb leaking a bit. so i hop on the ol' interwebs and order up new parts cant wait to have her fixed and running again. i dont even know if i remember how to drive my truck LOL. this sucks.

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
BOOOO, good luck!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
A few parts does not make a stop, that's a pause. Now 4 ft of snow, that's a stop.

Dingo.

2010 Honda Shadow
Phantom Custom

This posted from my 'droid device.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Lol. Yeah 4ft would be a stop. Ok so im on pause. Im also suffering from a bad case of BBS (broken bike syndrome) lol
Yeah I am suffering from PMS ......thankfully it's not broken....just parked ....and snow is keeping it that way.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Your still riding in Michigan? It's way to friggin cold down here in Indiana. It's got to be just as if not colder up there!

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
Your still riding in Michigan? It's way to friggin cold down here in Indiana. It's got to be just as if not colder up there!
With the right layers you can ride until the roads get unsafe! Canyon rides year round in NH.
I ride down to the low teens, but by the grace of God I don't have to do it much.
Coop

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
BBS... That's crap! You ain't broke, you got a boo-boo.
PMS.... Parked for the winter and having PMS is your own fault.
Ride it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

Hey... props to you for checking the bike over tonight for tomorrow's ride. At you caught it at hime vs not.... ;)

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like coop said with the right layers im good. If the roads are free of ice im riding.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Like coop said with the right layers im good. If the roads are free of ice im riding.
This seems like a good place to ask then.
What do you wear? Is it cycle gear or snowmobile type gear?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This seems like a good place to ask then.
What do you wear? Is it cycle gear or snowmobile type gear?
me i wear my work pants (dickies) then i have a nice pair of leather double lined chaps that i wear, also a t shirt, sweatshirt, leather vest, leather jacket (it has a liner have not used the liner yet), next i have a THIN pair of silk gloves that i wear a 20 year old hand-me-down leather harley gloves over, i just ordered a nice new pair of gloves, on my head i wear a bandana for my ears, my half face helmet, and i have a neoprene facemask if its freezing or snowing, and over that or if its not freezing or snowing a light face mask with a skeleton face on it. and on my feet a thick pair of hunting socks with red wings boots (i never wear shoes always my work boots) takes about 5-10minutes to get dressed but its worth it. others may wear different stuff.

like old people *cough wear heated gear *cough ;-)

only reason i dont is i cant afford it YET.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Hey! I'm not old!!
I only have heated gloves anyway.
Me....I layer up the torso. T-shirt, turtle neck, sweat-shirt. Then my Tourmaster jacket has 3 layers, cold weather layer first, then the rain layer. That alone keeps the heat in. The the outer.

Legs, I wear my fleece PJ bottoms instead of jeans, then my tourmaster pants.
Feet are protected by my desert dawgs over the crashbars. That creates a "pocket" of non-turbulent air from the foot to the knee, which heats up nicely from the engine.

Ohio, we should pick a weekend and meet at Niagara Falls, US side, this winter and get a pic to post of use and our bikes with all the snow. ;)

Signed....the old guy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts