Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a friend were installing new cobra hwy bars on my Sabre yesterday evening outside my apartment. We got started a little late and it was getting dark so I wasnt sure if we were going to get finished. I was about halfway through the install and a guy parked by us on his Harley. He was dropping off his girlfriend. He looked at us...didnt say a word and walked inside her apartment. Not 5 minutes later he came out with a big flashlight and said "looks like you guys might need this". He stayed there and helped us with the install till it was finished. Super nice guy....and his bike was beautiful. He had nothing but compliments about the sabre....loved the ghost flames. Said he wanted to go riding sometime....got on his bike and took off. Oh...he had a big Patriot Guard Riders sticker on his windshield.

Anyway...check out the new hwy bars...I love em. Just waiting for my pegs now.



 

· Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
I just bought Cobra's the other day for my ACE. Shopped all over, dealer, web, Ebay, found the best price at Cruiser Customizing. Hit the buy button, go to Ebay 5 minutes later and find a Honda store selling them $30 cheaper :(
 

· Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
Markymannn said:
I just bought Cobra's the other day for my ACE. Shopped all over, dealer, web, Ebay, found the best price at Cruiser Customizing. Hit the buy button, go to Ebay 5 minutes later and find a Honda store selling them $30 cheaper :(

Ain't that the way it always happens?

I have had my last two video cards go on sale a week after I bought them for some stupid low price, like $100.00 off what I paid.... I feel your pain bud.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
The only groups that seem to snub riders I have seen are the crotch rockets and BMW crowd and generally they stay to themselves anyway. With a few exceptions everyone else is always nice and friendly. That is one of the things I like about riding. You run into nicer people with bikers than you do at the grocery store.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Towmoter said:
The only groups that seem to snub riders I have seen are the crotch rockets and BMW crowd and generally they stay to themselves anyway.
Really? I never have a problem with the sport bike riders, they always wave. BMW riders on the other hand yes quite a few times, You'd swear they have a mindset of "I paid more for mine, I'm better then you" :) . I've had the the odd Harley rider be a a**, but most of them I meet are nice.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,522 Posts
It's not the bike, it's the people.

Those that will snub you will do so anyway, bike or no bike.

I've been dissed because of the shirt I wear or that I have a big ole handle bar mustache, etc.

Only insecure people do that.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
Harley people are not bad, they taste great with the right BBQ sauce!

I have a good friend at work that just bought an 02 Wide Glide, funny thing is that it looks just like a Spirit but it cost's him $6000 more for used. Anyway we plan on going cruising this summer.

I have been in the Mustang and Delorean world for a long time and now in the Motorcycle world. What you will learn is there are dick's in every bunch and cool people too.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
KCsabre

I'm curious about your bar exchange. I have a 2003 Spirit with drag bars (they look similar to the bars in your signature picture) and was looking for a set of bars with some rise to them to put me in a more upright riding position.

What shape are your old bars and are you interested in selling them if they are what I'm looking for.

Thanks


Ron
 

· Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Re: KCsabre

arch said:
I'm curious about your bar exchange. I have a 2003 Spirit with drag bars (they look similar to the bars in your signature picture) and was looking for a set of bars with some rise to them to put me in a more upright riding position.

What shape are your old bars and are you interested in selling them if they are what I'm looking for.

Thanks


Ron
Wrong bars, highway bars are a place to put you feet, like the pegs on some crash bars. That way you can stretch your legs out on long rides.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Re: KCsabre

beowulf said:
Wrong bars, highway bars are a place to put you feet, like the pegs on some crash bars. That way you can stretch your legs out on long rides.
I believe arch was referring to KCSabre's stock Sabre bars to T-bar swap, not the highway bars installation. At least that's the way I took it when he mentioned his '03 Spirit's drag bars
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,127 Posts
I haven't had real trouble with any bike brand riders....I belong to a riding club that has an approved back patch, and we associate with everyone. Our club has harleys, Victorys, hondas, BMW's, yamahas, suzukis, etc. We will help any biker, if they are in need, and most anyone would, I think. Just my experience----Metalguy :wink:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The drag bars on my bike are Cruiser Performance 1.5 in Fattys with an 8in rise. The bars are in the perfect position for me. They bring my arms up higher and have 7in of pullback. I still have my old bars but I dont think they are going to put you in a more upright riding position.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
I think you had a run in with a great biker.

BTW....what did his GF look like? :wink:
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top