1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 XL1200C. 6K Miles.

Moved up from his Shadow Spirit 750.

Picks it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good upgrade. I don't think he will notice much of a difference between the two with the exception of the power. I like both of our bikes, my Sporty and her Spirit.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Good upgrade. I don't think he will notice much of a difference between the two with the exception of the power. I like both of our bikes, my Sporty and her Spirit.
Nice looking bikes you both have! The 1200, tho, is a little screamer!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Damned nice sickel. Strangely, I passed on a number of late model Sporties when I bought the Shadow. I found the Honda more enjoyable to ride, although I think the Skirtster handles better and definitely has more HP.

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like my brother's '01, Joe! VERY nice!

Will his wife now take over on the 750?
When I bought my Tourer, he bought my '05 Spirit 750 for his wife (same day).

Now, he's going to give his wife his '05 Spirit 750, since it has the V&H pipes on it. I had almost new tires on mine (Dunlop front & Metzler back), so he's going to swap tires before selling hers.

I think he'll be able to sell my old 750 rather quickly. A lot of bikes are over-priced around here right now, and he'll price it to sell.

I'm looking forward to riding a lot more with both of them this summer.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
When I bought my Tourer, he bought my '05 Spirit 750 for his wife (same day).

Now, he's going to give his wife his '05 Spirit 750, since it has the V&H pipes on it. I had almost new tires on mine (Dunlop front & Metzler back), so he's going to swap tires before selling hers.

I think he'll be able to sell my old 750 rather quickly. A lot of bikes are over-priced around here right now, and he'll price it to sell.

I'm looking forward to riding a lot more with both of them this summer.

Of course, he could always keep your old '05 and customize the dickens out of it!;)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Of course, he could always keep your old '05 and customize the dickens out of it!;)
I actually had a few things done to it during the two years I had it

It started out just a plain black Shadow (I added the sissy bar & backrest):

My son actually bought the Mustang seat, and paid for the custom paint job (Honda Dark Cherry). I added a Memphis Fats windshield (thanks again, Dennis), and the Eagle air cleaner cover and chrome eagle radiator guard.

He's already talking about how much chrome he intends to add to the new Harley.

I'm making changes to the T as we speak. I will install the saddle bag rails as soon as I get some time. And, I'm sending my seat to Mean City Cycles on March 9 for the Memory Foam Modification.

I'm going to get your advice on pipes (not too loud)...and that will be next....

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's a nice Bike ! I was just on the Harley sight and you can build your own bike from the internet on there.....here is what I came up with.

I'm not going to get this, but if I could I would. :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
That's a nice Bike ! I was just on the Harley sight and you can build your own bike from the internet on there.....here is what I came up with.

I'm not going to get this, but if I could I would. :mrgreen:
Yeah that's nice. I wanting to fit the wideglide tripletree and forks on mine , with a big front tire too. Just need the $$

1 - 14 of 14 Posts