Honda Shadow Forums banner

My Summer 2015 Trip to the Pac Northwest

7K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  w6wat 
(I posted a longer response earlier, but it timed out...)
I've done much of the ride you're talking about. I'm concerned that you're not allowing enough time, or that possibly both of you haven't done multiple days of 300+ riding enough to really know what that is like. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I hope you get a chance to take some multi-day rides with gear first before setting out on your long summer trip.

Don't get me wrong, the SF bay, Hwy 1, Redwood highway, Crater Lake, Carson, Yosemite, can all be fun rides, but there are serious fatigue and patience factors with that whole trip. It's not at all like riding in an SUV with a/c and leather seats. Remember to plan for longer stops, and that you may run into foul weather, traffic, road construction, etc. and possibly have maintenance items to address (flat tire etc.). It looks like you're counting on smooth riding the whole way in order to meet your schedule.

At least take your bike and gear out for a couple of long two-day rides and see how everything feels.

Great ride, just seems like a lot of generous riding days if you haven't done it before.

Please at least take one whole day to ride through Yosemite and not have to be on schedule that day. I'd leave the truck in Sacramento so you can be done riding at that point. You're not missing anything once on the CA freeway from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.