Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
What happens in 6 months :shock: the bike may not be there then :?

·
Registered
16 Posts
" Listen honey - if I buy the bike now on our low interest Credit line the interest will only be a couple hundred bucks ( plus I can ride in the summer ). If I wait six months and the bike is gone we lose thousands on the money I would have saved buying it at that great price........... It really is a smart move to buy it now "

Try that .

·
Registered
865 Posts
doggie62 said:
" Listen honey - if I buy the bike now on our low interest Credit line the interest will only be a couple hundred bucks ( plus I can ride in the summer ). If I wait six months and the bike is gone we lose thousands on the money I would have saved buying it at that great price........... It really is a smart move to buy it now "

Try that .
Also you can buy her something really nice with the extra money you didn't have to spend on the bike. That way you both win.

·
Registered
628 Posts
In six months

Angryhatter

When you said that your wife said: In six month... I thought you were going to say that she had something in the oven!!

Jim

·
Registered
943 Posts
how you gonna get any sleep waiting ?????

This is bad for your health, you should buy it now

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
“in six months”..thats when you tell her what is in the storage unti you just rented this weekend.. :lol:

·
Registered
549 Posts
dude! you have to jump on that deal now! i came across a similar deal when i bought my Z. i was the first to answer the ad, so i jumped on it.

tell the better half how much you'd save by buying that bike. my trick: i find what i want, then i show my wife more expensive versions (i.e., i test rode BMWs). then i told her (with the biggest puppy eyes i could fake) that although i would like a BMW i know i shouldn't spend so much, so i'll by the kawasaki. :D i think she's on to me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
AngryHatter said:
I told her I saw an 06 VTX 1800 with zero miles for "$9,999...make me an offer."

She replied, "In six months..."
Is she crazy?
COOL!

At the hollywood dealership they wanted $15,000 for the same bike.
I am starting to have anticipatory dreams. :lol:
Right now, at most Honda dealerships if they have leftover 06's in the 1800 line you can make a heck of deal ... probably even beat that figure by a bit with no problem. as long as you get in there before spring, you should get a deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
six months too long

any of us could be dead in six months. buy the bike. pull into the driveway with it. when she comes out on the porch with that "oh no you didn't" look on her face, then rev that sucker and let the bike tell her "oh, yes he did."

she'll get over it. they always do. 8)

·
Registered
230 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
dude! you have to jump on that deal now! i came across a similar deal when i bought my Z. i was the first to answer the ad, so i jumped on it.

tell the better half how much you'd save by buying that bike. my trick: i find what i want, then i show my wife more expensive versions (i.e., i test rode BMWs). then i told her (with the biggest puppy eyes i could fake) that although i would like a BMW i know i shouldn't spend so much, so i'll by the kawasaki. :D i think she's on to me.
You dog. She is indeed, I just sent her a copy of this post. ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Buy the bike now!

To make it okay, buy her some shoes, a purse, some earrings & dinner.

You'll still be ahead.
:D

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Re: oh honey pleeeeeze

bankerbiker said:
....fellows, asking permission is so, like, 2006.........
Or maybe its just repect for your spouse. I dont consider it asking permision. I consider it more just checking to make sure it fits our plans for the near future. But maybe i am a wimp. who knows ( i bet my wife does :lol: )

·
Registered
549 Posts
Satyr said:
mountain bike mike said:

You dog. She is indeed, I just sent her a copy of this post. ;)
DOH!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
AngryHatter said:
Update.
I was there today, and the price had dropped another $500.
So I made an offer...another $500 off - with my 06 in trade.

We'll see if they take it.
i wish you luck! that will be a very good deal. keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts