Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my front caliper polished and had my fork lowers, upper tripple tree clamp and master cylinder polished and chromed. I also replaced my stock risers with a set from Cobra. Braided steel cables and brake line finish off the look. The parts came out beautiful and the overall effect is great. The photos don't do justice to the real parts.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Love the look of your ride. Great work and beautiful additions. How did you polish your calipers / forks?

It is so cold here, I still have my winter additions in the basement. Can't wait to put them on:

Paladin engine guards
Kuryakyn highway pegs
2 Stebil TM80 horns
Show chrome radiator guard
Show chrome front fender rail
Kisan headlight modulator
Kisan brake light modulator
Gonzo lightbar harness
Stem nut clock
VTX rectangular mirrors
2 new Dunlop tires
and pending, AERO 1100 handlebar risers

It's a good thing that my wife loves me!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
lookin' good. A matching white-face thermometer would look really good on the other side of your handlebar riser.

·
Registered
942 Posts
That is one fine looking bike.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all. I had the polishing and plating done at http://atlaschrome.com. They were recommended by Gonzo here on the forum. I shipped my parts to them and they did a great job.

Aero98, I didn't lower the bike at all, just polished and plated the lower fork tubes. I did however have them drop in a set of progressive springs while the front end was apart. I haven't had much of a chance to ride it yet to see how different the bike handles.

·
Registered
270 Posts
sbartos said:
Thanks all. I had the polishing and plating done at http://atlaschrome.com. They were recommended by Gonzo here on the forum. I shipped my parts to them and they did a great job.

Aero98, I didn't lower the bike at all, just polished and plated the lower fork tubes. I did however have them drop in a set of progressive springs while the front end was apart. I haven't had much of a chance to ride it yet to see how different the bike handles.
ah gotcha , nice job . I cant read so I can't thank a vet either I guess .
:oops:

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
sbartos said:
I got my front caliper polished and had my fork lowers, upper tripple tree clamp and master cylinder polished and chromed. I also replaced my stock risers with a set from Cobra. Braided steel cables and brake line finish off the look. The parts came out beautiful and the overall effect is great.
sbartos,
Yes; it turned out great!
On a side note, I also like how you painted your air cleaner to match the color scheme on the rest of the bike.

The thing I really like about the paint graphics on your bike is that it’s enough to make it stand out from the rest but isn’t too much that it’s gaudy……
Nice work!
Phil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts