Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Im new here. My name is Kelly, but everyone knows me as Kmac. Yes, Kelly is a mans name :mrgreen:.
I have been riding for almost 42 years, I am 47. I have raced MX for most of my life, although a few bad injuries since '99 have slowed that down dramatically. Still ride alot of desert, woods, and street stuff. I have more titanium in me than many race bikes have on them. I have a plate and screws in my left wrist and that has been fused solid for 3 years now. I have 3 vertibrae, C5-6-7, fused together with cadaver bone and a Ti plate with 6 screws into the C-spine.

I have a 12" Ti rod and 2 screws in my left Humerous (not funny at all imho) and a pin and screw in my right clavical.

Oddly, I love every one of my scars. They are all part of a fantastic life of riding and racing. Riding bikes clears my head, fixes my frustrations, and helps with any depression since I am Bi-polar. I know that may be a bit personal to share on a first post, but, I am an open person and feel that my sharing may help someone more shy or private to find a venue for some relief, then I am glad to help.

As to bikes, I currently own a BMW R1100RT that is my sport tourer, a vintage 1965 Yamaha Ym1 305 2stroke twin that I am building as a 60's Td-2 replica ahrma race bike, oh yeah, I road race as well. I also own a vf700 magna that is a project bike. A 2007 WR250F that is my woods bike and is actually my 17 year old daughters bike, but i steal it cause it is a blast to woods ride on. I am trying to street plate that one now.
And I picked up a 1998 Honda Shadow Ace 750 for $1700 bucks a while back. It had been dropped and the guy never picked it up from the tow yard and they lien saled it to me. It was beat up a bit and had been neglected for a while. But for $200 worth od bits and pieces to fix the bent and broken gadgets and a good tune up, valve adjust, and fluid change it has been a great little daily rider for a few months now.

I joined because I am have a charging issue. I put in a new battery, assuming it was just an old battery, but the charging system is only charging at 12.75v. The voltage does go up from 12.6v at idle to 12.75v at revs, so there is some kind of charging happening, just not enough. I am quite handy with a wrench and even have a bike lift in my garage and do all of my own engine rebuilds, trans, and even suspension stuff but electrical is my worst ability.

I will start a new thread relating to this when I am cleared for posting in other forums here but until then, say hello, and if you have an idea on the charging problem (stator? rectifier? ?) holler at me here or pm me.

Thanks guys and look forward to gettin to know you.
PS. if any of you are on Thumpertalk, SDAR, ADVrider, BMWsporttouring, or caferacer forums I go by kmac, kmac530, kellymac530, kmacRT and kellymacRT on those, you may know know me already,

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome scar face. Good luck getting the 750 back to road worthy.............

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi and welcome how about some pics of that shadow
far as your charging not sure i just changed the rectifier on my 99 gsx-r the manual had instruction on how to ohm check it so maybe the manual for the shadow will do the same

i used to be on thumpertalk as chuckr but haven't been there for awhile i have a 03 yz450f
i only ride the my 87 1100 shadow now after a wreck on my MT bike in the desert and tore my MR(the tendon that holds your knee cap in place) and meniscus in my rt knee my offroading is done on the quads now

you say you ride the desert where are you located

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am in Lake Elsinore. We ride in Ocotillo Wells all winter out by Cahuilla Tr and Gas Dome rd.
Right now it is only street for me. I just got cleared by my doctor to ride at all last friday. No dirt riding till November. I am only riding my BMW now because of the windshield that will keep some of the pressure off of my neck with the fresh fusion not being fully grown in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts