Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a stebel nautilus horn for my bike. Does anyone who has installed one of these have any mounting tips for me? It hasn't arived yet so I don't know what kind of bracket it might have. I can fabricate just about anything I need to, and the wealth of experience on this forum has always been a great asset for this kind of thing.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ours are mounted pretty much as Sasquatch mounted his. We used P clamps to attach to the frame just below where his is.

They are loud. In the garage it's almost deafening. I kind of wish we would have gotten the chrome ones.

Mark

·
Registered
286 Posts
kind of a related topic, but it seems the only two choices are earspitting air horns and the dinky 'roadrunner' stock horns. has anyone ever mounted a horn meant for an automobile? I think a Caddy or Mercedes horn would sound great...

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I've mounted a horn off of a '91 Chevy Cavalier on my Shadow. It's plenty loud. I just mounted it in the same place as the stock horn (exhaust side between the cylinders) and covered it with an air cleaner cover (made for a Harley) so it looks like an air cleaner. You can see it in this photo along with the stock one on the left side:

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I mounted our Stebil Nautilus in front of the rear swingarm right behind the coolant reservoir using P-clamps.

Can't see the horn at all, but you can sure HEAR it though!!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
mark v said:
Your picture link is dead.

MarkC said:
Well, I didn't mount that horn but I did mount a set of horns on my bike. Below is the topic that I started about the horns. I think the pictures are on page 2.
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12140

I also noticed that Harbor Freight has a interesting horn, anybody tried one of these
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94117
MarkC
Whats dead about it?
It takes you to another past topic on the forum, that topic has 3 pages, the pictures where I mounted the horn is in the second page of that topic?
MarkC

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First, thank you all for the pics and help. Here's a pic of what I ended up doing. Boy when I first hit the horn button I about jumped out of my skin. While I don't look forward to the times when it will be needed, I'm sure going to be glad it's there.

Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts