Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after only 70 miles, the wife was complaining about the passenger seat on an 07 VT750DC. I still have the stock seat lol. The other guy I was with has a new Road King and there were no complaints from his passenger so I thought I would look for a better seat for the both of us. I like the Mustang vintage black seat but not the price. She is not with me too much but mabye more if the seat felt better. Anyone know where I can find one for a good price or a good compairable seat? I would also like the sissy bar. Would prefer a quick release but would be willing to put one on and off for a better price.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
the price is a lot on the mustang but it is well worth it. i'd just save up for the mustang.
it's unreal the difference between a stock seat and a mustang.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Consider this that RK seat cost about 4X what your stocker costs, it better have no complaints.
Do some seaches on seats. There are few companies that can rework your stocker, too make-it comfortable and attractive. I have had several seats redone locally, just need to find a good automotive upoltsterer or furniture shop. there are also seat pads you can buy that help alot. Also passenger issues can be relieved by changing the sissy bar or pad. My wife has always have issues with our seatS. I'm on the 3 for the Shadow. We have decided the real problem, for the wife, is the backrest. The stock Honda rest is too low and too far forward.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Check Mean City Cycles to rework your seat. I have been extremely happy with what they did to mine. They will do the passenger seats too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gary, that seat and backrest looks good. Might just spend the money once and get what we want. What seat and backrest do you have?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Gary, that seat and backrest looks good. Might just spend the money once and get what we want. What seat and backrest do you have?
It is the stock seat, I just had is redone by Mean City Cycles. As for the backrest, if I remember correctly it is made by MC Enterprises. The previous owner had it on there and got it from JC Whitney (I do remember that much).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts