Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my dad ended up buy a bike before me :( oh well. It is a 2004 aero, with 4,614 miles. After riding it around alittle, we both agreed that it could be alittle louder. I am familier with drilling out the baffles on a vlx 600, but I haven't really paid attention to what people have done to the aero exhaust. Any suggestion, or links to thread/how-to's would be great. thanks

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2615/imga1634hr9.jpg

·
Registered
296 Posts
The exhaust on the Aero looks the same as the stock exhaust on the ACE. Go to http://www.sa750.com./ and click on the link for Modifications. There's all the instructions you need. :wink:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here's an easy "mod" if you have the stones to do it. (some people on the site don't like doing this):

1. Go to Lowes and buy a 3 foot long piece of 3/8" rebar

2. Drive home with the rebar. If you're on your bike, pretend you're a midevil knight.

3. Place the end of the rebar into one of the holes in the end of the tailpipe.

4. When your wife screams at you say "it's okay. Reverend said to do it."

5. Whack the rebar into the baffle untill you make it through.

6. Repeat the process in the other hole.

7. Pull out the rebar and start the bike. take her for a spin. if you still want a gutsier sound you can drill a hole at 3 and 9 oclock and punch through again.

After 4 punches my 06 Aero had a burlyer sound, without being abnoxiously loud. Make sure you really want it first though. It's hard to unpunch a baffle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2006 Shadow Aero VT750, and I had my local Honda Dealer put on a set of Vance & Hines Cruzers Exhaust pipes. They were only $378.00, and they only charged me 65.00 to install. And they sound AWESOME!!!!!!! They made the bike!!!

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.