Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A business associate of ours has a 2003 Valkrie for sale, black, pristine, LeatherLykes, windshield, 12,000 miles, new tires. He is getting a Harley Roadking, and the dealer will only allow him about $4,000 for the trade-in, and the KBB is more than twice that. He is hopeing for a split, somewhere between $6,000 and $7,000 if he sells it outright.

I know a few of you have Valkries, any reputable Valkrie websites out there where he can list it? I may get him to post it here on our for sale board, if that is allowed ( moderators please let me know, since this is not a Shadow ).

I would buy it if circumstances were different, however my ACE 1100 will have to be sufficient for the next few years.

Any thoughts or input would be most appreciated. Jim Mann

Forum Member since 12/12/2000

·
Registered
2,530 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
He shouldn't have any trouble selling it at that price...VRCC would be my first listing...lots of traffic there....Nickletrick

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would list it on eBay. I've been watching Valks on eBay and they seem to be selling well. I know of a 2003 Interstate with about 14,000 miles that went for $9500 on a Buy It Now within 2 or 3 days. I just paid $6900 (traded) for a 98 GL1500T, Leatherlyke bags, Hondaline windshield, lotsa chrome, with 7,000 miles! It should bring more than $7,000 on eBay if it is in very good condition.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
We agree that an '03 Valk in pristine condition should bring considerably more $$$ than the HD dealer's offer.

One can go to cycletrader.com and get some feel for what people are asking for Valks around the country. We expect the "asking prices" on that site are a little pricey, but the information may be useful nonetheless.

We trudge on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts