Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy that has a 1992 VT1100. 14K miles. The bike looks really nice, and he has kept it in the garage since he got it in '95.

We have not talked seriously about it yet, but he wants to sell. I noticed the sales sticker he has on it says $3300. After researching, I think that is pretty high.

I would like to get feedback as to what is a fair price, among friends.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
I have a buddy that has a 1992 VT1100. 14K miles. The bike looks really nice, and he has kept it in the garage since he got it in '95.

We have not talked seriously about it yet, but he wants to sell. I noticed the sales sticker he has on it says $3300. After researching, I think that is pretty high.

I would like to get feedback as to what is a fair price, among friends.
If he's a real friend he won't mind if you let him know it's a little high, or if you decide to buy elsewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, that is what I thought too. With kbb trade in at 1645 and retail excellent at 2450, I figure 2000 +/- would be a fair range for a person to person deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a photo of the bike I am trying out and wrote about earlier. The handling sure is different than I remember my Honda 400 being; back in the mid to late 70's. I started to get the hang of it, but had to park it yesterday, too soon. Afternoon thunderstorms have me off the road today. Hopefully tomorrow I can take her for another test ride.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Bike looks good, but price is high. I would politely let him know what Blue book said and discuss it from there. I did not notice a whole bunch of mods on the bike to negotiate about so that $2000 sounds fair and not like an insult. Keep us posted.
Coop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.