Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my front tire needs replacing. I wanna buy one for myself for Xmas.
Looking at Bridgestone, Michelin, Avon (seems expensive), Metzelers, Pirelli.
So this is for a VLX 600.
Need: sizing and general advice on these tires.

What I want most important to least important:
Handling (slipping/traction/etc) - want good traction
Smooth riding - want smooth ride
Durability - not too concerned
Price - i can afford whatever

Leather up has 20% off anything today.

Interesting reviews here: http://www.allmotorcycletirereviews.com/Cruiser_Motorcycle_Tire_Reviews.htm
Leads me to like the Michelin Commander II

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
on the side wall of our tires is the size of the tire. Off of the top of my head the front is a 100/90/19

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Over the last year I had my worn-out front and rear tires (Dunlops, I think) replaced with Michelin Commander II's on the recommendation of my dealer.

I can't offer you a comparison between the other brands you mentioned, but I can say I'm happy with them. I've ridden them on numerous road trips and rallies, on my 60 mile round trip commute, and over 3,300 mile to and from Sturgis, through all kinds of weather (except snow and ice), interstates and hard twisties, from concrete and gravel. I have zero complaints. They seem to be holding up well, too.

In the interest of fairness, I often tell people "I ride a cruiser, therefore I cruise." I ride often and far, but I don't ride wildly.

Front: 100/90-19F Commander II
Rear: 170/80-15R Commander II
(At least that's what's listed on the invoice)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep - I think I'll run with these - the reviews are nothing but
excellent all over the Net for this tire - I like your little quote -
we're cut from the same cloth on that one.

Over the last year I had my worn-out front and rear tires (Dunlops, I think) replaced with Michelin Commander II's on the recommendation of my dealer.

I can't offer you a comparison between the other brands you mentioned, but I can say I'm happy with them. I've ridden them on numerous road trips and rallies, on my 60 mile round trip commute, and over 3,300 mile to and from Sturgis, through all kinds of weather (except snow and ice), interstates and hard twisties, from concrete and gravel. I have zero complaints. They seem to be holding up well, too.

In the interest of fairness, I often tell people "I ride a cruiser, therefore I cruise." I ride often and far, but I don't ride wildly.

Front: 100/90-19F Commander II
Rear: 170/80-15R Commander II
(At least that's what's listed on the invoice)

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts