Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Phil...

Yea, this's gotta stay, there are actually 3 bikes (2 MC, 1 bicycle) so it's ON TOPIC!

Cool old stations, I remember as a kid seeing stations like these, only they were still in use!

Gumpy

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,878 Posts
Spirited said:
Phil, please don`t delete/move there`s a BIKE in this.
Spirited,

No need for such a sarcastic message, if you want the truth I was the one that moved your sports car thread off the board not Phil.

·
Registered
460 Posts
cool link, second pic in brought back some memories. not of those early stations (i'm 33) but of "newer" late seventies early eighties. i loved jumping on the airline and hearing the "ding-ding". glad to be able to hear that in my head!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spiritman said:
Spirited said:
Phil, please don`t delete/move there`s a BIKE in this.
Spirited,

No need for such a sarcastic message, if you want the truth I was the one that moved your sports car thread off the board not Phil.
I`m sorry but I fail to see anything "SARCASTIC" about my request to not move or delete. My post on GO FAST was removed because no bike content, OK fine. What does HARBOR FREIGHT have to do with bikes. You guys need to think things out a little before you pull the trigger. I thought a 253 MPH car would be of intrest to some members but the post was "moved" to where I don`t know. Again, I`m not being sarcastic, only stating what I see. Rules are rules and should apply to all on any given day, but they need to be a little more clear to dummy`s like me. :roll: BTW, Phil send me a post why my post on "go fast" was moved. :wink:

·
Registered
934 Posts
I found this one in Port Huron Michigan a couple of weeks ago. They are converting the interior into a information center. If anyone is up that way it is definately worth a stop. It is just south of the downtown area on Main Street which is also called Military I believe.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Funny this came up, just last week while a bit lost, (more like turned around the wrong way), had to gas up in a little village gas station in rual Scotland. Full service station where the old fellow pumped the gas and wiped the windscreen for ya.

It was an old Esso and the pumps had the little glass bubble wheel thing that the gas made go round and a bell that dinged every gallon, brought back the memories.

8)

·
Registered
46 Posts
For what its worth, the Shell station that looks like a sea shell is located on Sprague Street in Winston-Salem, NC. Been going by it since I was a kid; in fact my father at one time owned an Esso station about three blocks away from this particular Shell station.

john
Sabre

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Spiritman said:
Spirited,
Yeah, that's right......all I did was offer an explanation when asked about why the thread was moved!

Although I would have moved the sports car thread too; Spiritman just beat me to the punch that’s all!
Phil

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Miguel said:
i like those old gas stations. when i had my shadow i was always on the lookout for an old station to use as a backdrop for bike pics.
You should recognize that next-to-last one, which is on old Rt. 66 -- I think pretty close to Amboy just north of 29 Palms Marine Base. (Ironic aside: the little town of Baghdad, CA is just outside the base. I've been to Baghdad and made it back safely.)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Thanks. I really enjoy looking at old buildings and "gas" stations bring back a lot of memories of vacationing across the country with my mom and dad. The old "Teapot" station is on I-82 near Zillah, WA. It's getting pretty run down though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Boy, do these bring back a lot of memories!!!!!!!! Being born in 1953 I can remember a lot of these. I'd love to know if any of these are in my area.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PopawPat said:
Boy, do these bring back a lot of memories!!!!!!!! Being born in 1953 I can remember a lot of these. I'd love to know if any of these are in my area.
PopawPat, I`m with you. I remember a LOT of these. I used to but 5 gal. of gas for my Granmother`s 37 Ford for $1.00, wow. The pump was the kind you pumped up gas to the top glass container and then it would flow down. Memories plus. :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
WOW!!!

I've never saw the shell "Shell" station, like that before, nor the cowboy hat and boot gas stationed. Amazing photos. :D 8)

Too bad, there's no location of each one. :(

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
NCSabreRider said:
For what its worth, the Shell station that looks like a sea shell is located on Sprague Street in Winston-Salem, NC. Been going by it since I was a kid; in fact my father at one time owned an Esso station about three blocks away from this particular Shell station.

john
Sabre
John, sound's like you just planned our next ride this spring, ride up there and get our bikes in the pic in front.

8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts