Honda Shadow Forums banner

Need help. 1994 vt1100.

743 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bentleycody93 
#1 ·
Me and the wife rode my bike Sunday done great. Whent n to eat came out tryed to start it. Cranked about half way over and lost all power. I think I may had left the radio on not sure. So I tryed a jump from a kind fellow the solenoid just click. Unhook the jumpers cables lost all power again. Tryed rolling it off nope. So pushed over to a shop put battery on charger everything lite back up. Charger for bit tryed start still just clicks. Unhooked and battery hadn't charged at all even tho the charger said battery was full. Imma try trickle charger tonight and go from there. Looked at all fuses they was all good from human eye. Please help

#3 ·
Agree w/jpr, battery has likely gone bad. Sometimes they short-out internally causing the problems you describe. How old is it? Still have lead/acid battery in my bike, used to use AGM's in my cars, but they fail with little warning and most often can't be jumped because they are shorted so bad. At least with lead/acid, you'll begin to notice it cranks with less authority as it approaches end of life. Not ever going back to AGM, but that's just my personal taste for stated reasons. Kevin

#4 ·
Also check the famous 3 yellow wire connection that overheats and looses connection. So it causes a low charge voltage ad the battery goes down and dies.
It is in the harness from the stater to the regulator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.