Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750DC
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a used 2002 VT750DC and the person that had it before me made a mess. They installed custom LED turn signals in the front only. They worked, but the stock rear signals don't work. I cut out the custom lights and now I'm left with a mess of wires. The goal is to get it stock again. I have no idea what goes where. If someone could explain it to me like I'm 5 I'd really appreciate it a ton.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Steering wheel Rim

·
Registered
2,616 Posts

wiring diagrams should be in the back of these manuals

Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,728 Posts
Was gonna state Light Blue turn & Orange Turn
Rear have White stripes > I think I remember,
Dennis

EDIT
Looking at chart @Ramie posted here^
I see
blue & orange with white stripe feed those circuits???

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,728 Posts
Check voltages on them blinker wires, along the chart, tie into them with your new/stock blinkers...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the help. It appears my turn signals are different. Each turn signal has 2 wires: black and black/white stripe. Remaining wires in the headlight assembly are the cut wires in the image.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rim Spoke

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,030 Posts
Probably aftermarket, since black and black/white are not the normal colors, and those wires go into a shiny black plastic cover that looks newer than the original wiring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Progress! I did a quick and dirty twisting job and the front lights are working, but NOT the rear. The wires with the white stripes are apparently for running lights, don't need those. Any suggestions as to why the rear lights aren't working?
Automotive lighting Hood Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,728 Posts
Do I remember a white or black trace on them orange & Light Blue rear wires??
I think I do?
I ain`t been into mine in so long, i am not sure...

Remember the rears do NOT have running lights

Chart don`t mention rear turns, I prolly dreamt it about them rear wires and they`re Light Blue & Orange respectively,
Dennis

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE: Mystery solved! The rear ones weren't working because it's an old bike and the connections under the fender went bad. Rewired and working! I got a 4 pack of incandescent turn signals, and they have the fast blinking issue. Not a big deal, just glad they're working!

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,728 Posts
For the Rapid Flash or Hyper Flash some call it, Check the (green) ground wires and the flasher unit,
Dennis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts