Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!!!! Changing my bike around again and installing a new air filter. One problem......no instructions. I know that this will most likely effect the original engineering from the oem housing. I heard its a true pain and can cause issues. More for looks then power. Just can't stand the UFO riding shotgun on my sled. Lol. I have to get the bike rejetted over the winter due to the exhaust mod anyways. I will be replacing the spike portion of the intake with a k&n cone filter. Not really into the whole spike theme. This is one of those cheap ebay china crap deals. Photo should be attached if I did this right. Just wondering if anyone already went down my path. Pictures would be great if possible. The only way I can see this thing mounting is with one screw beneath the intake snorkel. Doesn't seem solid. Suggestions and or comments?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well now ya gotta show us a picture man!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hah....will do. Went in a different direction. I will send both when done. Have to make a custom bracket and paint.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should of waited until I received the parts. Made a lot of sense once I received it. Unfortunately the look is much too large for my case. I will be going a different route. Will post when completed. Anyways:

Remove old UFO style air boxing, exposing the triangular shape elbow. The first piece will fit perfect on the exposed elbow. There is a mounting bracket directly below this plate to mount to body of bike for stability. The other 2 remaining plates will be put on in the following order.

Piece all together

The next piece with be the chrome elbow. Secures to the plate you just installed. 4 bolts.

Just too big for my taste. Looks too much like a dong. Going with custom air cleaner now. Will post when complete.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As promised here is what I ended up with.

I will be putting in a step by step process on how to called 2002 ace custom air intake

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
Nice job. I'm not a big "bobber" fan but that does fit the look of the bike better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not a lot of people are. I guess that's just me. Always taken the road less traveled by. Thanks for the shout. Safe riding.

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
It's all good. The road less traveled has been known to have a lot less traffic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts