Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1983 vt750c in black 25k miles exported to the uk in 2000 non runner since 2009 now resurrected
26 Posts
Is there anything electrically that could halt him at 55 now he has done all the ht side?
I read about internals hanging up like the starter clutch, has his bike got a slipper clutch like the 750?
If the carb has been done, sparks are done that Is 2 of the Holy trinity of combustion, just need compression.
Is the timing only adjusted by pickup in the casing?
Wonder if there is 3 AC phases coming up to the rectifier then regulated out at 14v or so.

Luckily it sounds not that broke if it starts and runs.

How many turns out are the air fuel mixture screws (remember to count the turns in gently to the stop then back out same amount) ?

·
Registered
1983 vt750c in black 25k miles exported to the uk in 2000 non runner since 2009 now resurrected
26 Posts
So I have narrowed it down to the carburetors. It is running very rich. I played with the air fuel mixture and got it from 55 mph to about 70. Any ideas on other adjustments I could make?
If you put new a spark plug in each cylinder then do a pull upto your new 70mph then pull in the clutch and hit the kil switch and safely coast to a halt then pull the new plugs you will have a idea of the stoic rate (Fuel mixture) by the colour of the plugs.

Do a search for gunson colour tune, it's a transparent spark plug which allows you to see the colour of the burn in the cylinder

Also any small hole in the exhaust at the joins can cause back firing

·
Registered
26 Posts
That screw might be a air mixture where screwing it out (anti clockwise) adds more air and leans it out or it could be adjusting the fuel so screwing out (anti clockwise) richens the mixture.

I'm super new to the shadow platform but I know carbs fairly well, I'm sure one of the shadow gurus will help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts