Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Bike is a 1985 VT700. It's not exactly a headlight nut but more a headlight bracket nut. You can see it in above pics to tve upper right of the ignition with the zip tie on the threads. There was two acorn nuts there when I started riding this past season and about 4500miles in I noticed both were gone. I proceeded to use zip ties to hold it in place for the next 1500 miles. Now since there's snow everywhere I figure I should get this taken care of. Only problem is that I don't know the size. Anyone know or could point me to someplace that would know?

Also let me know if the pics show as this is my first ever post with pics that I've done with my phone. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
Not sure of your exact bike, but if you went to the hardware store and picked up a couple 6 and a couple 8mm course thread you'd have it covered.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Try this
VT700C

I'm not real good at this, but is the one you are after maybe number 32 or 26?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,426 Posts
My 1983 750 has an acorn nut with a 12 mm hex. So it should be an 8 mm x 1.25 thread ( the most common ) or an 8 mm x 1.5 thread which is coarser.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try this
VT700C

I'm not real good at this, but is the one you are after maybe number 32 or 26?
Mine is similar but it looks like they switched to bolts instead of the threaded rod with a nut for those years.

My 1983 750 has an acorn nut with a 12 mm hex. So it should be an 8 mm x 1.25 thread ( the most common ) or an 8 mm x 1.5 thread which is coarser.
12mm hex does ring a bell for some reason. I will give it a try and see. Thanks!

And thanks to everyone for the input. It is greatly appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts