Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't suppose anyone has an electronic copy of the owners manual for my bike do they? (1985 VT700) Or a copy they don't need?

mindfungus
85VT700

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
mindfungus said:
I don't suppose anyone has an electronic copy of the owners manual for my bike do they? (1985 VT700) Or a copy they don't need?

mindfungus
85VT700
I would give ebay a try.
MarkC

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found a parts manual, but not an owner or repair manual. I'll keep looking.

I was talking with another member about the possibility of having a place where we could upload electronic documents for member download. Kind of an electronic library.

mindfungus
85VT700

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
mindfungus said:
Found a parts manual, but not an owner or repair manual. I'll keep looking.

I was talking with another member about the possibility of having a place where we could upload electronic documents for member download. Kind of an electronic library.

mindfungus
85VT700
Expand your search,
put "Honda Manual" in the search.
I saw a 84 VT700C, and
a 85 VT700F and those were early in the HUGE list of Honda manuals, yes you'll see a lot of car manuals this way, BUT! people don't always list things the way you put it in the search.
MarkC

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had a link for one, but the .com it was hosted on is down. So there IS one out there thats downloadable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help guys I think I have a lead on one. Steve157 has a copy he is going to send me.

Dupo, I've been looking at your old posts about forward controls. I'm still trying to find a set of controls for my bike.

Just wanted to say how valuable I've found this forum to be. With enough digging and searching, you can find answers to just about anything.

mindfungus

·
Registered
132 Posts
Posting manuals could be illegal, copyright violation.

If you join the HRCA you can get one on line free as part of the membership. You can also get reimbursed for MSF courses, which pays for the membership in itself.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just order the manual from Helm. It will cost about $20 shipped, but at least you will have a real manual and it will be a legal copy... I got one for my 86 VT500c from them. Very happy with it...

www.helminc.com

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mensa143 said:
Posting manuals could be illegal, copyright violation.

If you join the HRCA you can get one on line free as part of the membership. You can also get reimbursed for MSF courses, which pays for the membership in itself.
I checked into that, as long as there is no charge for the download and no modifications are made to the article, anything 50 years past the death of the author is public domain. So I guess some of us will just have to wait a little longer. LOL

However you can link to other sites which do have an agreement with the publisher such as:

http://hondatech.info/downloads/Moto/

mindfungus
85VT700

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have just post a request on a web site http://sfbay.craigslist.org/ for the books on a 88 vt600 about one hour ago and have two responces already. This web address is San Franisco area but if up go to one you will see they have most of north america covered. Hope it helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts