Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
87 shadow 700, I think the cable has separated at the connection that splits the cable into two. no longer made, anyone have a source for someone parting out these bikes? none showing up on ebay for a 87, plenty for the earlier ones, anyone know if a cable from another year be modified to work?

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
That search box at the upper right of the screen is your friend. Do a "choke cable conversion" search there. A lot of info.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That search box at the upper right of the screen is your friend. Do a "choke cable conversion" search there. A lot of info.
thanks but no help, looking into having one custom made $75

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,660 Posts
A custom is probably your best bet I could not find a new OEM source anywhere, FWIW the 86 and 87 are the same.
Motion Pro and Barnett are both very good for custom cables, but there are many smaller makers out there.

Due to the rarity a Custom is probably not much more expensive than OEM if you could actually find one.

·
Premium Member
2015 Shadow Aero, 1972 Triumph 650 Tiger
783 Posts
Barnett Clutches and Cables are what I use on my Triumph and they are high quality. They even make custom cables should yours not be a stock unit.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I am 999999999% sure I have a brand new choke cable for your bike. I bought one for my 86 and they sent me 2. PM me if you want. I believe it's from Motion Pro and still in packaging

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am 999999999% sure I have a brand new choke cable for your bike. I bought one for my 86 and they sent me 2. PM me if you want. I believe it's from Motion Pro and still in packaging
thanks, but my choke cable checked ok, installed new plugs and charged battery, fired right up and choke worked

1 - 12 of 12 Posts